Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Boards Deals Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

€22 instead of €72 for Full Iridescent Crystal Shamballa Bracelet delivered

06.02.2012 09:26 #31
Community Manager
Originally posted by Cherrycola
Do you work for Boards deals or Ownu? Or are you used to buying your jewellery in Claire's?! :rolleyes:

Have to agree with everyone else, the quality of this is pure dirt! When held to the light, you can see the difference in each of the 'crystal' balls, some shine iridescent, some shine white! If i had gotten this in a christmas cracker it would have gone in the bin! Absolute sh1te!

Thats the first and last time i buy anything through Boards deals! :mad:

Has anyone attempted a return? That form on their website requires information that i dont have, including an order ID which i dont have since OwnU never bothered to email me with any order confirmation.
Also they need a product ID and reason for return, the item is removed from their website so no product ID is available, and there is no option to choose Bad Quality as reason for return.....but i could choose Dead on Arrival?! :eek:Do they sell live animals too?!

Hi Cherrycola,
Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your bracelet. If you contact Ownu directly on info@ownu.co.uk they should issue you with return instructions.
06.02.2012 22:21 #32
Do you work for Boards deals or Ownu? Or are you used to buying your jewellery in Claire's?! :rolleyes:

Have to agree with everyone else, the quality of this is pure dirt! When held to the light, you can see the difference in each of the 'crystal' balls, some shine iridescent, some shine white! If i had gotten this in a christmas cracker it would have gone in the bin! Absolute sh1te!

Thats the first and last time i buy anything through Boards deals! :mad:

Recieved mine in the post today, not impressed.Cheap looking tat.
I had seen this thread at the weekend and hoped they weren't true but alas. :mad::eek:
07.02.2012 13:57 #33
Same, I emailed asking for return Instructions. Has anyone gotten replies ?
07.02.2012 14:57 #34
Originally posted by Tigerben
No to both, just thought the bracelet was lovely, it was for my daughter and she loves it, as do her friends, positive feedback is nice to give and when I buy on line I always like to do so when happy with whatever it is.

Hmm... 3 posts on this topic all in favour of an item many have said is poor quality, not suspicious at all :rolleyes:
1 thank
07.02.2012 17:07 #35
Community Manager
Originally posted by Korvanica
Same, I emailed asking for return Instructions. Has anyone gotten replies ?

How long ago did you email them? If you PM me your email address I can check with them if they have received it.
10.02.2012 11:06 #36
Originally posted by Boards Deals: Niamh
How long ago did you email them? If you PM me your email address I can check with them if they have received it.

Its ok, they emailed back after. Cheers
1 thank
22.02.2012 09:55 #37
OK so they emailed me instructions for return, I posted the bracelet back with registered post about 2 weeks ago.

Have not heard a single word from them, They said they would contact Boards Deals to arrange refund, I haven't heard from either company.

Also, a quick question, will I be compensated for postage for the return?
1 thank
24.02.2012 15:35 #38
So an Update: Not that you seem bothered about this issue.

Here is the email i received back from the company
Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with one of our products. You can view our returns policy by visiting our Terms & Conditions page at http://www.ownu.co.uk/terms-conditions.htm and scrolling to the "Returns Policy" section.

Please return the item to the address below, and include your name and address so that we may trace who the item has been returned from. Failure to include this information will result in our returns department being unable to process your return. OwnU recommends that you obtain proof of postage and use Recorded Delivery to ensure that the goods are received by our Returns department.

Once we have received the item, we will contact BoardsDeals and arrange for them to refund the original purchase price.

Returns address:

OwnU Returns - BoardsDeals
PO Box 251
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE16 3WR

Regards,

The OwnU Team
www.ownu.co.uk

I posted the bracelet back on the 8th of Feb by registered Post.

Just checked my Track and trace:

ATTEMPTED DELIVERY GREAT BRITAIN 14-Feb-12 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS
ATTEMPTED DELIVERY GREAT BRITAIN 14-Feb-12 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS

EDIT: they emailed just there saying they've received it, T&T must be wrong.
Last edited by Korvanica: 24.02.2012 at 16:26.
1 thank
24.02.2012 18:52 #39
Fair play to you for following through, i actually couldnt even be arsed, just put it down to experience, i'll know better next time. :rolleyes: I'll just let my daughter have it, put it with the rest of her Claire's jewellery.

However, the other link that was posted here from Groupon, for the BoVida bracelets, mine arrived yesterday and the quality is far superior, they are really nice, and much better value. I got 3 for €32!
05.03.2012 11:56 #40
Cheers, its just a matter of principal at this stage. I paid 5.50 to post it back to them and I'm assuming im going to lose out on that.

Its been 10 days and I have yet to hear from either pasty (ownu & boardsdeals) about the refund.

Just emailed Ownu there, awaiting reply and will update here when I get one.
05.03.2012 12:00 #41
Originally posted by deadmeat
Is this bracelet https://www.boardsdeal...celet-delivered/683/ not exactly the same as these ones, they even use the exact same image

http://www.seasonsonli...mballa-bracelet.html
http://www.nicksbargai...a-bracelet-248-p.asp

They claim that this was £60 on their own website http://www.ownu.co.uk/...amballa-bracelet.htm

This ranges between £12.45 and £16.49 on all the other sites I have seen

Doesn't look like a deal to me more like the price it should have been in the first place

I think you may have sort of blown the gaff on how this whole marketing system works... :)
06.03.2012 15:14 #42
Done, got a refund... Yay !
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list