Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

PC World Warranty

07.02.2012 11:02 #16
Going to leave the laptop back today hopefully it'll get fixed.:)
08.02.2012 11:42 #17
Originally posted by James__10
Going to leave the laptop back today hopefully it'll get fixed.:)
. I left the laptop back yesterday and I was given a tracking code to use on Knowhow I put in the tracking code and it says delivery date 10/2/12 does that mean it'll be ready or collection or is that the date that it'll reach the repairs at
08.02.2012 12:02 #18
. I left the laptop back yesterday and I was given a tracking code to use on Knowhow I put in the tracking code and it says delivery date 10/2/12 does that mean it'll be ready or collection or is that the date that it'll reach the repairs at

I would imagine that it would be the date to reach the repair centre. A 3 day turn around with be an amazing service!
09.02.2012 08:45 #19

What I always do is quote an average repair time of two weeks. I get a report every morning that gives me the average time for all the laptops we repair ( a lot ! ). Of course the average includes jobs that need new parts orders and take a long time. If you exclude those and there are no complications to your job then there's a reasonable likelihood that we'll be back to you within 10 days. 3 days would be nirvana but I'd imagine that this is delivery to the repair site.
Last edited by Currys PC World: Declan: 09.02.2012 at 08:49.
09.02.2012 09:00 #20
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
What I always do is quote an average repair time of two weeks. I get a report every morning that gives me the average time for all the laptops we repair ( a lot ! ). Of course the average includes jobs that need new parts orders and take a long time. If you exclude those and there are no complications to your job then there's a reasonable likelihood that we'll be back to you within 10 days. 3 days would be nirvana but I'd imagine that this is delivery to the repair site.

Thats great thanks Declan.

Aye quite alot of work has to be done, their is a overheating issue and i'm sure that the fan or will have to be replaced as well has a hinge problem and 2 keys missing so I imagine it'll be out for 2 weeks
09.02.2012 09:04 #21

Aye quite alot of work has to be done, their is a overheating issue and i'm sure that the fan or will have to be replaced as well has a hinge problem and 2 keys missing so I imagine it'll be out for 2 weeks

Fingers crossed. We carry a very large number of parts in the centre so hopefully we can beat that.
09.02.2012 11:28 #22
Originally posted by Currys &

Fingers crossed. We carry a very large number of parts in the centre so hopefully we can beat that.

Is the centre in Ireland or the uk ?
09.02.2012 14:25 #23
Is the centre in Ireland or the uk ?

In a place called Newark in the UK. We fix something like 1 million TV's and laptops there a year so you can imagine we have an enormous stock of parts. Even with the extra logistics of shifting product over and back from the UK the whole thing is done quicker because of the centralisation of parts.
1 thank
09.02.2012 15:14 #24
Would the overheating cause the noise of the fan? If I got that fixed i'd be happy :)

Maybe the noisy fan is causing the overheating, I'd say. The fan could be noisy as it's broken. As it's broken, it may not cool down the laptop correctly, and the laptop overheats?

As for the keyboard, the entire keyboard will be replaced. It's pointless attempting trying to repair a few buttons, as it's less labour intensive to replace keyboard, than to replace a few keys.

The hinge problem is usually lots of fun. It may be a manufacturing fault, or it may be seen as caused by user. If the former, it gets fixed free, if the latter, fun and games :confused:
09.02.2012 15:35 #25
Originally posted by the_syco
Maybe the noisy fan is causing the overheating, I'd say. The fan could be noisy as it's broken. As it's broken, it may not cool down the laptop correctly, and the laptop overheats?

As for the keyboard, the entire keyboard will be replaced. It's pointless attempting trying to repair a few buttons, as it's less labour intensive to replace keyboard, than to replace a few keys.

The hinge problem is usually lots of fun. It may be a manufacturing fault, or it may be seen as caused by user. If the former, it gets fixed free, if the latter, fun and games :confused:

Yeah so i'd say they'd have to replace the fan then?

Cool It would be great if they replaced the whole keyboard :)

Hope I dont have to pay anything for the hinges but doubt I would because I already have a cover plan.
09.02.2012 17:46 #26
Yeah so i'd say they'd have to replace the fan then?

Cool It would be great if they replaced the whole keyboard :)

Hope I dont have to pay anything for the hinges but doubt I would because I already have a cover plan.

You'll pay for nothing when you're a Coverplan customer. Whatever goes wrong we cover it. As they say in the Rabobank ad there are some terms or conditions but no sneaky ones !
1 thank
14.02.2012 19:12 #27
It says on knowhow.com that the laptop will be back on the 24th Feb is there any chance it'll be back before then? Also the bezel on the front of the laptop is in a bad state it more cosmetic ware than anything the man I was dealing with in pc world said that it wouldn't be replaced? Was he telling the truth?
15.02.2012 08:36 #28
It says on knowhow.com that the laptop will be back on the 24th Feb is there any chance it'll be back before then? Also the bezel on the front of the laptop is in a bad state it more cosmetic ware than anything the man I was dealing with in pc world said that it wouldn't be replaced? Was he telling the truth?

The return dates for repairs are normally accurate. I wouldn't have thought that any cosmetic issues would be addressed in the repair so the guy in the store would have given you the right steer there
15.02.2012 12:21 #29
Originally posted by Currys &

The return dates for repairs are normally accurate. I wouldn't have thought that any cosmetic issues would be addressed in the repair so the guy in the store would have given you the right steer there

That's grand. It says on the tracking website that the delivery date will be the 24th feb so I'd imagine I'll be able to collect it then. Declan can you tell me whether or not they replaced or will replace the fan and keyboard?
15.02.2012 16:05 #30
That's grand. It says on the tracking website that the delivery date will be the 24th feb so I'd imagine I'll be able to collect it then. Declan can you tell me whether or not they replaced or will replace the fan and keyboard?

I wouldn't know the individual details of any one repair. All I can assume is that, if they were part of the problem they will be dealt with.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video