Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Asus Transformer Prime Tablet

19.02.2012 21:49 #106
Showing stock again on currys.co.uk.

Any news for us Declan?
20.02.2012 13:30 #107
Originally posted by RedCardinal

Any news for us Declan?

is Ireland getting any stock? i am getting the impression that we havent. i have been onto ASUS and say that stock is arriving every week...
20.02.2012 15:43 #108

Any news for us Declan?

Nothing to cheer anyone up. We were due a delivery on Valentine's Day from a previously placed order, but that failed, so we are feeling unloved. No stock in any of the warehouses where we hold stock. Checked them all. I see that the UK websites have the product on show but any orders will go into a queue for when the product eventually arrives.

All very frustrating.
20.02.2012 15:51 #109
Originally posted by Currys &

Any news for us Declan?

Nothing to cheer anyone up. We were due a delivery on Valentine's Day from a previously placed order, but that failed, so we are feeling unloved. No stock in any of the warehouses where we hold stock. Checked them all. I see that the UK websites have the product on show but any orders will go into a queue for when the product eventually arrives.

All very frustrating.

I spoke with sales in UK earlier and the girl told me that the champagne is in stock and I would have it in 2/3 days if i ordered it earlier??????
20.02.2012 20:05 #110
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
I see that the UK websites have the product on show but any orders will go into a queue for when the product eventually arrives.

Seems to be different reports coming from actual UK customers:
http://forum.xda-devel...1371143&page=224

Reports there saying the units are being shipped currently. Shame we're getting left out here :(
20.02.2012 20:52 #111
I was in PC World Lisburn on Saturday and they didnt have any on display either. The people working there were very helpful but didnt have much information at all on the Prime. With some becoming avaiable should it not be the priority to get some demo samples out to the stores? I certainly would like to check it out before purchasing.
21.02.2012 08:47 #112
Originally posted by Theimprover
I spoke with sales in UK earlier and the girl told me that the champagne is in stock and I would have it in 2/3 days if i ordered it earlier??????

What number were you dialling ? I'd like to get to the source !
21.02.2012 08:51 #113
Seems to be different reports coming from actual UK customers:
http://forum.xda-devel...1371143&page=224

Reports there saying the units are being shipped currently. Shame we're getting left out here :(

Looking at these they look like forward orders. The product is being prepared but has not actually shipped yet. Obvioulsy those that have forward ordered will get first dibs when the product hits the warehouse but I don't think that the UK is in a more advantageous position than ourselves. We don't do forward ordering here as, when it comes to tablets, I'm a bit scared of it !
21.02.2012 10:04 #114
I have to say that Currys in Galway has very strange pricing policy...I went down there and play a bit with Transformer Prime. The price was 629e. I thought: OK so it is not online shop they have bigger margins here.But what was my surprise when I asked about dock, the guy told me that this is actually price of 32GB version without dock!! And he confirmed it! I mean really, this is not a mistake it is robbery in the broad daylight!

Another thing was that the guy kept telling me that it is because this is the fastest laptop in the market but he actually called me ignorant when I pointed out that transformer had only 2 bars of wifi signal while sitting next to it Motorola had full strength of signal!

Guys...you have to really think your business model over...I know this is Ireland and you can try to sell things to ignorant ppl around but please not like that!
1 thank
21.02.2012 13:28 #115
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
What number were you dialling ? I'd like to get to the source !

00448445611234, i phoned them again and found out that they dont deliver to Ireland:mad: and also they could not guarantee that i would have it in the time it says on the website 3-4 days. The girl i spoke with the second time said she was unable to tell me how many they had in the warehouse, so it didn't sound like they had them, anyway its all irrelevant as they don't deliver to the Republic!!!

I am heading to Australia in 3 wks so i am going to see if i can purchase one out there.
21.02.2012 13:33 #116
00448445611234, i phoned them again and found out that they dont deliver to Ireland:mad: and also they could not guarantee that i would have it in the time it says on the website 3-4 days. The girl i spoke with the second time said she was unable to tell me how many they had in the warehouse, so it didn't sound like they had them, anyway its all irrelevant as they don't deliver to the Republic!!!

I am heading to Australia in 3 wks so i am going to see if i can purchase one out there.

Heading to Barcelona next week, any advice on which would be the best place to look for them there? Hopefully will get to play with one at Mobile World Congress and knowing me I will then want to buy one!!

Cheers,
M
21.02.2012 14:44 #117

Fingers crossed we might get you sorted by then. The reason we don't ship to ireland from the UK is down to our old friend postcodes. The whole logistics is set up to recognise and deliver to postcodes and they're not going to set up a separate system for here. But we really are behind the times with no postcode system.
1 thank
21.02.2012 17:07 #118
its available on the pcworld.co.uk still no luck for us...
http://www.pcworld.co....gb-11866793-pdt.html

ive some vouchers so have to wait even longer for it to come into the stores probably in 2013..
21.02.2012 18:18 #119
Originally posted by madmoe
Heading to Barcelona next week, any advice on which would be the best place to look for them there? Hopefully will get to play with one at Mobile World Congress and knowing me I will then want to buy one!!

Cheers,
M

Sorry, cant help you out, i will be looking for information myself on where and who to trust on buying one in Australia if i cant get it before i head off.
21.02.2012 18:25 #120
Originally posted by shake
its available on the pcworld.co.uk still no luck for us...
http://www.pcworld.co....gb-11866793-pdt.html

Ive some vouchers so have to wait even longer for it to come into the stores probably in 2013..

Depressing that these places have them in stock and we cant get them delivered here, doesn't make any sense to me as i along with lots of people have bought items from across the water with no problems with deliveries. :mad:
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video