Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Case for the new Kindle (non-touch)

15.10.2011 14:50 #1
Hi

Are PC World stocking cases for the newly released (non touch) Kindle?

Specifically, any in the Naas branch?

Thanks
15.10.2011 21:33 #2
Originally posted by ToadVine
Hi

Are PC World stocking cases for the newly released (non touch) Kindle?

Specifically, any in the Naas branch?

Thanks

We'll always stock the cases. Trouble is that the product itself hasn't reached Naas yet, that should happen next week. I'll get a status on when the cases are due and let you know
1 thank
15.10.2011 21:55 #3
and why are they so expensive? amazons pricing, 79 dollars for machine and about 40 dollars for a cover. really? how? they are massively overpriced and i wanted to buy one but i dont wanna feel mega ripped off. this is rant at amazon not currys,
15.10.2011 22:14 #4
Originally posted by emo72
and why are they so expensive? amazons pricing, 79 dollars for machine and about 40 dollars for a cover. really? how? they are massively overpriced and i wanted to buy one but i dont wanna feel mega ripped off. this is rant at amazon not currys,

Fair point. What you tend to find in this business is that the hardware gets overly subsidized and the cost of doing that needs to be recovered somewhere. The total package is pretty decent value for what it does but the comparison of one prduct versus the other does look a bit bonkers to a rational consumer. You see the same thing in the cost of a printer versus the cost of ink, although the margins on ink aren't that high relatively.
1 thank
17.10.2011 13:22 #5
Hi Declan,

i was in PC World/Currys in Liffey Valley on Sat and they only had 3g Kindle keyboard. When will you guys have the new kindles in stock again? I also live near the Naas store...
17.10.2011 14:29 #6
Originally posted by silvine
Hi Declan,

i was in PC World/Currys in Liffey Valley on Sat and they only had 3g Kindle keyboard. When will you guys have the new kindles in stock again? I also live near the Naas store...

In theory, the product should be rolling out to all stores this week. Probably best to check in befpre the weekend or I'll update myself if I remember
18.10.2011 08:43 #7
Declan any of these cases in Jervis st?
18.10.2011 11:09 #8
Declan any of these cases in Jervis st?

Not yet alas. Coordination not brilliant on this one. My man in accessories is with the buyers tomorrow and he said he can update me better after that.
21.10.2011 20:51 #9
Declan bud ... any news on case availability in either Naas or Jervis st?
22.10.2011 17:21 #10
Declan bud ... any news on case availability in either Naas or Jervis st?

Do you have a link to one of these? I'm not sure exacly what I'm looking for ! If I see them on currys.co.uk I'll have a product code and can look for that by store
23.10.2011 19:52 #11
This one ... Link 1

Or this one ... Link 2

Or any of these ... Link 3
23.10.2011 21:19 #12
This one ... Link 1

Or this one ... Link 2

Or any of these ... Link 3

http://www.pcworld.ie/...avy-Blue/304343/2.10

http://www.pcworld.ie/...er-Black/304346/2.10

http://www.pcworld.ie/...se-Black/307224/2.10

The above look about it for the moment. All fine in themselves but not what I think you're looking for. Is this an imminent purchase ?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video