Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
97%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Questions about Moving to Three

15.10.2011 14:34 #1
My contract period with O2 is over, was planning on upgrading to the iPhone 4S with O2 until I saw their ridiculous new tariff which they will force me to change to if I upgrade. That's not happening, so I got myself a Three PAYG SIM and I'm happy enough with the coverage.

Now I want to move my number over to the Three SIM; if I use the online form to do this, does it notify O2 and cancel my contract or do I have to let them know myself? And if I have to do it, should I call them before or after I start the ball rolling with porting the number?

Finally, is is simple enough to go from PAYG to contract with the same number if I want to later on?

Thanks in advance.
17.10.2011 13:42 #2
*bump*
18.10.2011 14:22 #3
Yeah, it'll cancel your contract automatically with o2. (Before you do this, make sure that you're not in contract with O2 so as not to incur cancellation fees) There should be no need to call them if you're out of contract and the account is up to date.

We can switch you from PAYGto contract yeah, we'll need to give you a different SIM but its something we can do, yes.
19.10.2011 12:05 #4
Thanks Patrick. Another quick question, I've been reading the Three website and it's unclear to me whether I can use inclusive flexi-units to call/text UK numbers while I'm there, or is it just data and numbers back home?

If not, what's the charge for ringing a UK number while I'm there?
19.10.2011 12:42 #5
Originally posted by Scoobydoofus
Thanks Patrick. Another quick question, I've been reading the Three website and it's unclear to me whether I can use inclusive flexi-units to call/text UK numbers while I'm there, or is it just data and numbers back home?

If not, what's the charge for ringing a UK number while I'm there?

You can't use the flexi units to texts the UK you'll be charged for that, but you can use your units to text back to ireland, call ireland or call the uk when you there or here as long as your on 3's 3G network. You can also use your data there but again you must be roaming on 3UK.
It's only really texting where you'll get caught so your better off to call.
19.10.2011 12:44 #6
Huh, seems strange that they let you call but not text. Ah well, I have webtexts and iMessage, so fingers crossed it shouldn't be an issue. Cheers!
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video