Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

6 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm

Switching to Gas from Bord Gais to ESB

12.09.2011 13:31 #1
Hi, Just a quick question! Have recently moved into a rented apartment. Have set up the ESB electricity by direct debit with yourselves without a problem :)

Have had to chase landlord/Bord Gais to set up the account for the gas. the account was changed over to my name on 29/08/11, and i have just received all the forms to set up direct debit/deposit etc....

Can I switch over to having both my Gas and electricity with you guys on the one bill so soon? and if so what do i need to do it? Will there be a prepaid deposit etc?

Thanks!
12.09.2011 13:46 #2
Hi Pipsie Pie,

Originally posted by Pipsie Pie
Can I switch over to having both my Gas and electricity with you guys on the one bill so soon? and if so what do i need to do it?

You can indeed. We would just need your GPRN (which you should be able to find on the forms you mention) and a current gas meter reading.

Originally posted by Pipsie Pie
Will there be a prepaid deposit etc?

If you sign up via direct debit for gas as well (as you're already doing with electricity) we don't charge any deposit.

If you like, PM me your details and I'll look after it for you.

Thanks,

David.
12.09.2011 13:55 #3
Hi David,

Thanks for quick reply. Will pm you the GPRN etc. when i get home this evening.

Thanks!
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image