Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

eircom Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
95%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm

No NGB in Tralee Town yet?!

20.02.2012 16:04 #91
Originally posted by AWD
Check your routers fellas, We are up and running as I type....:):)...
I will fill in the Survey now....:P

I'm as before. No change.
I was hoping to avoid the multiple-choice exam on the phone.
Looks as though I might have to ring them and say please.
What changes have you noticed?
20.02.2012 16:18 #92
Speed now: 4096/384kps
Speed Was: 2048/284kps

Line Attenuation Was 48/30, now 50/30.

Change over was only done between 3 and four this afternoon.
Maybe it's best to call..
20.02.2012 16:31 #93
Originally posted by AWD
Speed now: 4096/384kps
Speed Was: 2048/284kps

Line Attenuation Was 48/30, now 50/30.

Change over was only done between 3 and four this afternoon.
Maybe it's best to call..

Thank you.
You must really be impressed with what amounts to a doubling of your speed.
My values at the minute are
Speed 7168/384.
Line attenuation 24/15 dB
which are pretty good anyway, once contention has been sorted.
With my luck, they'll probably drop!
20.02.2012 16:48 #94
Yep that's the max my line can take. Don't think I will ever see a Speed of 7168/384.! Still, 3.6 gets me over the line in terms of the minimum I actually need. I am now wondering why my line can only take a max of 4. A question for another day perhaps. I guess the line was put in some 12 years ago.
Cheers Ainiseoir
20.02.2012 16:58 #95
Originally posted by AWD
Yep that's the max my line can take. Don't think I will ever see a Speed of 7168/384.! Still, 3.6 gets me over the line in terms of the minimum I actually need. I am now wondering why my line can only take a max of 4. A question for another day perhaps. I guess the line was put in some 12 years ago.
Cheers Ainiseoir

There was a time when eircom was Telecom Eireann when you could get your line checked, not just for internet speed, but whatever, no big deal.
You might have to take out a loan to have someone come to check your line now!
20.02.2012 17:35 #96
Verified representative
Originally posted by AWD
Cheers Ainiseoir

Hi AWD,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We had to increase the profile / sync at the exchange. Given the bandwith capacity of the line (between 4-5MB) The 4MB profile is the best available.

I asked about a possible higher speed, however broadband technical support are certain that will result in disconnections.

Thanks, Mark
26.02.2012 22:36 #97
Do you have to explicitly apply for NGB or do existing customer just get it?
27.02.2012 11:04 #98
One for the moderator, but as far as I know, it's automatic based on your current bundle.
The downside is that you may have to use a Zyxel modem/router that they supply free, but the complaints about it have already filled 20 pages elsewhere.
I haven't got mine yet so I can't comment.
Might be as well to hang on to your existing hardware for the present.
27.02.2012 13:47 #99
Verified representative
Originally posted by RevBlueJeans
Do you have to explicitly apply for NGB or do existing customer just get it?

Hi RevBlueJeans

All existing eircom broadband customers are automatically migrated to the NGB when the exchange becomes enabled.

However it can take a few weeks.

Thanks, Mark
1 thank
07.03.2012 09:22 #100
Originally posted by eircom: Mark
Hi AWD,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We had to increase the profile / sync at the exchange. Given the bandwith capacity of the line (between 4-5MB) The 4MB profile is the best available.

I asked about a possible higher speed, however broadband technical support are certain that will result in disconnections.

Thanks, Mark

thanks Mark.... I am happy with 4-5 meg. One question how quickly does one get back to Eircom ?
07.03.2012 14:58 #101
Verified representative
Originally posted by AWD
thanks Mark.... I am happy with 4-5 meg. One question how quickly does one get back to Eircom ?

Hi AWD,

There is a lead time of 10 working days for line and calls to be come back to eircom and it can be a subsequent 10 working days for the broadband to transfer back in full.

You can call our winback department on 1800 566 366 or online through -

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/switch

Thanks, Mark
08.03.2012 11:50 #102
Hi AWD,

There is a lead time of 10 working days for line and calls to be come back to eircom and it can be a subsequent 10 working days for the broadband to transfer back in full.

You can call our winback department on 1800 566 366 or online through -

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/switch

Thanks, Mark

Job done... thanks Mark
08.03.2012 11:53 #103
Hi AWD,

Thanks, Mark

I am getting 3.5/3.6 which meets my actual requirements. (I know more would be better) but as such I am happy with what I have.
:) Rgds AWD
08.03.2012 13:00 #104
Verified representative
Originally posted by AWD
I am getting 3.5/3.6 which meets my actual requirements. (I know more would be better) but as such I am happy with what I have.
:) Rgds AWD

Hi AWD,

No problem :) Mark
13.03.2012 20:39 #105
I'm SHOCKED WITH EIRCOM (Well I'm not surprised actually). About 3 days ago my speed increased to 14mb/sec..SO finally NGB enabled !!! But the thing is that after "SUCH A HAPPY DAY" i got the old problem with consistent (once every 5 minute) drop internet connection..Despite my speed is up to 14mb/sec now i DONT WANT this **** cause i can't watch anything online now and i missed football broadcast for your crap!!!
I'm PAYING 62e a month for over a year and i feel i can demand appropriate service!!! I'm giving you 3 days to get it sorted or else I'm just cancel thats it

P.S if you can't provide appropriate service just get me back to up to 7mb broadband which i used to have for the last year and didn't have any problem since i got replaced your piece of **** router named ZyXel..
Last edited by BaguMka: 13.03.2012 at 20:44.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video