Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Exchange of a product question

23.05.2011 20:18 #1
Dear Currys and PC world,

I hope you can help me.
recently, I have purchased a set of headphones in Currys shop.
Even due to higher price they proof to perform really quiet, with no bass and treble.
As this wasnt my first purchase of headphones, i know what to expect of it, but these, even its a good brand performed poor.

I went to the shop and explained that Im not happy with my product,
that i would like to change it for different pair, staff refused, saying that its nothing wrong with it, that is the way it works, so no exchange.
I understand it, but where is my right to purchase a product which im happy with? I cant just open the package in the shop and try the headphones before i decide to buy them to make shure they are ok. Is there any policy for this?

Thank you for your time.

Jake
23.05.2011 20:44 #2
Originally posted by Jake222

I hope you can help me.
recently, I have purchased a set of headphones in Currys shop.
Even due to higher price they proof to perform really quiet, with no bass and treble.
As this wasnt my first purchase of headphones, i know what to expect of it, but these, even its a good brand performed poor.

I went to the shop and explained that Im not happy with my product,
that i would like to change it for different pair, staff refused, saying that its nothing wrong with it, that is the way it works, so no exchange.
I understand it, but where is my right to purchase a product which im happy with? I cant just open the package in the shop and try the headphones before i decide to buy them to make shure they are ok. Is there any policy for this?

Thank you for your time.

Jake

I'm afraid there's not much we can do for you here. Were we to faciliate the exchange of product that people decide post purchase that they're not entirely happy with, we would end up in a difficult situation. What we do is offer people the chance to refund or exchange product provided it is unopened and unused. And, of course, if a product is faulty that would be exchanged or refunded once it is brought back within a reasonable time period. Sorry we can't do anything more
25.05.2011 20:05 #3
Originally posted by Jake222

Jake

Are they pretty large over ear cans and are you using a small player? Might not be enough power to drive them right?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video