Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Saorview or Irish Digital Compatible?

04.06.2011 11:20 #46
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
Indeed. You can't buy the unit online and stores have been very clearly briefed that the unit has been advertised in error and that all customers need to be made very clear that it's an MPEG 2 unit. So I'd be surprised to see any refund issue arise but we would of course if it did.

How many other sets have been "mis-advertised"? How many sets on the website are Irish DTT compatible or saorview compatible? Can they be clearly marked?

It is all very convenient for currys to be making mistakes that allow them to dump old UK stock on Irish consumers in the full knowledge these sets are obsolete in Ireland!
04.06.2011 12:11 #47
Originally posted by foggy_lad
How many other sets have been "mis-advertised"? How many sets on the website are Irish DTT compatible or saorview compatible? Can they be clearly marked?

It is all very convenient for currys to be making mistakes that allow them to dump old UK stock on Irish consumers in the full knowledge these sets are obsolete in Ireland!

I agree, Declan you were made aware of the mpeg2 only issue yesterday.
Why did you allow today's paper adverts to run??
Why is it still on the front page of your website and no mention of the fact that it will not work with Irish Digital TV?
04.06.2011 12:41 #48
Originally posted by stejk11
I agree, Declan you were made aware of the mpeg2 only issue yesterday.
Why did you allow today's paper adverts to run??
Why is it still on the front page of your website and no mention of the fact that it will not work with Irish Digital TV?

Unfortunately you can't turn off these things at that kind of notice. I'm satisfied that the action taken with a clear brief to stores will avoid any issue with our customers.
04.06.2011 14:41 #49
If an advert is not pulled when it is knowingly inaccurate then this behaviour can only be described at a minimum as 'unethical' perhaps it is better described as unlawful, maybe even typical. If a managing director cannot pull an advert then perhaps the MD does not want to pull the advert in the first place.
1 thank
04.06.2011 15:41 #50
Originally posted by johneire31
If an advert is not pulled when it is knowingly inaccurate then this behaviour can only be described at a minimum as 'unethical' perhaps it is better described as unlawful, maybe even typical. If a managing director cannot pull an advert then perhaps the MD does not want to pull the advert in the first place.

I agree it looks like Declan is trying to lure unsuspecting customers in with cheap prices for product he knows won't work with Irish Digital Television.
1 thank
05.06.2011 04:45 #51
It's all gotten way too shrill for me so I'll bow out at this stage
05.06.2011 19:59 #52
5th amendment?
05.06.2011 20:04 #53
Originally posted by johneire31
5th amendment?

Not at all. More Voltaire TBH.
05.06.2011 20:09 #54
No problem, tbh, I agree, a bit messy this thread. Your advice and info is indeed valued and Im sure that some of the comments do result in better services for the customer.

I suppose after reading the thread again is that the main thing that jumps out is that website is short on product detail, its great to be able to compare product prior to a visit to the shop.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon