Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Lost receipt.

07.02.2011 14:59 #1
Hi folks,

I purchased myself an iPad on January 4th, but haven't used it beyond the day I got it, I've decided to return it but can't find my receipt.

I recall giving my name in store and I also recall having to go back because I overpaid by 100 euros, they're likely to remember me :o.

However, in terms of actual store policy, is there a means by which PC world can access my receipt on a database or anything? Most importantly is the question of whether I can return the iPad without it?

Thanks!
07.02.2011 17:19 #2
Originally posted by AnotherYou
Hi folks,

I purchased myself an iPad on January 4th, but haven't used it beyond the day I got it, I've decided to return it but can't find my receipt.

I recall giving my name in store and I also recall having to go back because I overpaid by 100 euros, they're likely to remember me :o.

However, in terms of actual store policy, is there a means by which PC world can access my receipt on a database or anything? Most importantly is the question of whether I can return the iPad without it?

Thanks!

You've got the purchase date, Jan 4th and I presume we captured your name at the time for warranty purchases. It's quite easy for the store to do a receipt look up once we have these details. It should be no problem
07.02.2011 17:41 #3
Originally posted by Currys: Declan
You've got the purchase date, Jan 4th and I presume we captured your name at the time for warranty purchases. It's quite easy for the store to do a receipt look up once we have these details. It should be no problem

Tremendous, Declan. Thanks man.
1 thank
08.02.2011 15:06 #4
Sorry to drag this one up again, one more question, I'm gonna head down in an hour, and I'll find out either from you or from the guys down there, preferably you, is there going to be any problem returning it since i got it over a month ago?

To broaden the question for any 3rd parties sake, what kinda times do you guys accept returns for?
08.02.2011 15:10 #5
Sorry to drag this one up again, one more question, I'm gonna head down in an hour, and I'll find out either from you or from the guys down there, preferably you, is there going to be any problem returning it since i got it over a month ago?

To broaden the question for any 3rd parties sake, what kinda times do you guys accept returns for?

Afraid we're likely to have a problem here. I thought in looking at the original post that you had a repair issue but it looks more like a normal return / exchange. For these, we would need the product to be unopened and in its original packaging, which doesn't look like the case here.

Am I right in thinking this ?
08.02.2011 15:23 #6
Originally posted by Currys: Declan
Afraid we're likely to have a problem here. I thought in looking at the original post that you had a repair issue but it looks more like a normal return / exchange. For these, we would need the product to be unopened and in its original packaging, which doesn't look like the case here.

Am I right in thinking this ?

It's in it's original packaging, but it has been opened, the main reason for return is that when I did try to use it it wouldn't work with my Wifi router. I can't pick up internet on it in my house.

I think this is just how these things are made though, and not to do with a fault.

So it's not returnable, is that what you're saying?
09.02.2011 08:00 #7
It's in it's original packaging, but it has been opened, the main reason for return is that when I did try to use it it wouldn't work with my Wifi router. I can't pick up internet on it in my house.

I think this is just how these things are made though, and not to do with a fault.

So it's not returnable, is that what you're saying?

I'm afraid so. The policy is that the product has to be unopened and then we can exchange it. Nobody would want a product that has been opened as a brand new product. We do sell pre owned units but they would be ex repair and discounted as such.
Sorry about that but I hope you can see the logic
10.09.2012 21:27 #8
I am just wondering i have my laptop now coming up close to a year, I am starting to have problems the screen has broken and the webcam, Now it is starting to slow and barely work, The main problem is i can not find my receipt now, I still have the box I am wondering if anything can be done?
10.09.2012 21:59 #9
Just looking at the box I can see the order number on it and the serial number to match the laptop if that's any help.
11.09.2012 09:45 #10
Originally posted by RyanLoftus
I am just wondering i have my laptop now coming up close to a year, I am starting to have problems the screen has broken and the webcam, Now it is starting to slow and barely work, The main problem is i can not find my receipt now, I still have the box I am wondering if anything can be done?

A lost receipt is really not a problem. The store you bought the product in can look up your receipt details on our system. You'll need to know the approximate date you bought it and give the store the name and address details we took at the time for warranty purposes. It's very straightforward normally.

If you bring your product with you you will be able to book in a repair at the same time. Hope that helps
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video