Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Larder Fridge

26.11.2010 17:03 #1
Our Hotpoint Iced Diamond larder fridge need replacing asap. The fridge is 135cm x 55cm. It's in a tight space but could go to a height of 137cm max but width has to stay the same. I can't find anything online to fit. Is there a larder fridge on the market that would fit? I don't really want a fridge-freezer as I have a separate freezer already. Hope you can help.
26.11.2010 17:36 #2
Originally posted by Jellybaby1
Our Hotpoint Iced Diamond larder fridge need replacing asap. The fridge is 135cm x 55cm. It's in a tight space but could go to a height of 137cm max but width has to stay the same. I can't find anything online to fit. Is there a larder fridge on the market that would fit? I don't really want a fridge-freezer as I have a separate freezer already. Hope you can help.

Whereabouts are you ? I'll drop a line to the store closest and see what we can find. It might be Monday when I'm back in the office, as ( and I'm praying ) stores might be a bit occupied with customers now that the bad news is out and have no time to answer my mails !
26.11.2010 18:49 #3
Thanks for speedy reply. Our local Curry's stores would be Liffey Valley or Blanchardstown
30.11.2010 15:38 #4
I've been out (in the snow) shopping around for a new fridge and still can't find anything to fit. Need to find one soon as mine is as the proverbial dodo and we can't keep the dairy stuff fresh. As we had it fixed twice before over the last number of years I don't want to throw any more cash at it. I'm leaving the milk outside to keep cold now! Just wondered if you came up with anything? We have to make a very quick decision.
30.11.2010 16:57 #5
Originally posted by Jellybaby1
I've been out (in the snow) shopping around for a new fridge and still can't find anything to fit. Need to find one soon as mine is as the proverbial dodo and we can't keep the dairy stuff fresh. As we had it fixed twice before over the last number of years I don't want to throw any more cash at it. I'm leaving the milk outside to keep cold now! Just wondered if you came up with anything? We have to make a very quick decision.

Sorry, my fault. I got occupied with a personal issue and am out of the office for the week. Our Currys website lauches in the morning, with euro prices on all the lines that we carry. Could I ask you to be my first volunteer to see if it has what you're after and I can check stock in the local stores and get you up and running? Sorry I couldn't get to it when I said I would

I've emailled Blanch also.

Here's an update from Blanchardstown

Just replying to your email regarding hotpoint larder fridge with a maximum height of 137cm , unfortunately we do not have anything in stock matching that height, the nearest we have in stock is currys essentials sku 307246 which is 140 cm in height and 54 cm in width .The only other soulution I could offer would be our large range of under counter fridge all which meet the required width, as an entry model being currys essential sku 955926 at € 139.99 goin up to the whirlpool sku 821901 at € 219.99 .
hope this is some help for you ,,,
Last edited by Currys PC World: Declan: 30.11.2010 at 18:08.
30.11.2010 23:33 #6
Thanks for doing that for me, and apologies for pestering you when you have more important issues to deal with. We will check out the website and make a decision very soon. Your help is much appreciated.
1 thank
01.01.2011 22:31 #7
We are looking for a similar size fridge (i.e. 137cm height) and are having great difficulty finding one. Were you successful in finding a store and make of this type ? If so, appreciate if you could share it.
02.01.2011 20:09 #8
Hi andrewma. We traipsed around a lot of shops and unfortunately we were not successful in finding a fridge of the correct size to suit us. In the end we just had to pull the old one out and buy a slightly bigger one and put it in a different position outside of the fitted units. It has been a right old pain trying to get a fridge to fit. I'm not particularly happy with the one we bought either as its a bit taller than we wanted but its very narrow. That's the problem with fitted kitchens, stuff has to fit into the hole left behind. Since we bought our old fridge they have changed the sizes - the nerve of that! The hole left behind will have to be fitted with shelves and closed off with a door which will not even match the rest of the kitchen I'm sure. I'm right peeved. I hope you have better luck than we did.
03.01.2011 21:23 #9
Thanks for the update. I know the feeling and we are at risk of the same thing happening too. Anyone know anywhere we can get 137cm high fridge ?
18.03.2012 19:56 #10
Hello - almost 2 years later and I'm guessing you've had no luck with getting a fridge of the correct height? Anyone else come up with a suitable replacement since then? :confused:
18.03.2012 21:00 #11
Originally posted by NancyG
Hello - almost 2 years later and I'm guessing you've had no luck with getting a fridge of the correct height? Anyone else come up with a suitable replacement since then? :confused:

Do we have anything of this size of currys.co.uk ? If it's over there we might have a reasonable chance of getting it sent over here. Not certain but a reasanable chance all the same.
19.03.2012 00:25 #12
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
Do we have anything of this size of currys.co.uk ? If it's over there we might have a reasonable chance of getting it sent over here. Not certain but a reasanable chance all the same.

Way, way too late for us. What I bought is the (white) elephant in the room and I am now stuck with it. Still peeved two years on.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video