J DEERE Registered User

Just finished reading the farmers journal there. Highly repetitive, seems to be printing the same stuff week in week out. It's fair to say that they sell well as they have a monopoly in the market. Is there room or a need for a competitor??

Sam Kade Registered User

I gave up buying that rag years ago

J DEERE Registered User

Sam Kade said:
I gave up buying that rag years ago

Do you read anything else? How do you keep up to date on current affairs?

aidanki Registered User

Colm McCarthys article is usually v good, thats usually non ag related though

1 person has thanked this post
Muckit Registered User

I get the IFJ every week. As JOHN DEERE says, it's good to keep up to date. A lot of the time I wonder why I get it, and if there was another alternative I'd definitely be reading it.

I think there's a lot of things that the IFJ are not capitalising on. Anyone any idea what the market is worth? what's their annual readership? Could get a few lads on board and try steal a fraction of it

bogman_bass Registered User

Its still miles better than the farming indo or the farmers weekly

Muckit Registered User

bogman_bass said:
Its still miles better than the farming indo or the farmers weekly

I wouldn't agree. You see stuff in the farmers weekly and Indo that you would never see in the IFJ.

2 people have thanked this post
Conmaicne Mara Closed Account

Muckit said:
I wouldn't agree. You see stuff in the farmers weekly and Indo that you would never see in the IFJ.

Totally agree. The ironic thing is how so many criticise IFA here yet swallow the IFJ as gospel. Paper never refused ink.

Sharpshooter82 Closed Account

I get it every week as more a force of habit and that also I'd be afraid I'd miss something

J DEERE Registered User

Sharpshooter82 said:
I get it every week as more a force of habit and that also I'd be afraid I'd miss something

same here. I just give a quick run through and that's it. Might read a special feature and do the crossword. Take the classifieds out and you have a thin newspaper

Sam Kade Registered User

J DEERE said:
Do you read anything else? How do you keep up to date on current affairs?
The internet

Sharpshooter82 said:

The photos on the digital edition leave a LOT to be desired, very poor.

agriman27 Registered User

I think these online forums are class, really informative and with more interesting points of views than highfalutin experts who are sometimes out of touch with day to day farming practices

1 person has thanked this post
liam7831 Registered User

Whats the prize in the competition???

3 people have thanked this post

liam7831 said:
Whats the prize in the competition???

A tractor with slight loader damage I heard

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!