energuy Registered User
#1

Hey guys,
I did Mount Juliet half marathon in Feb and finished with my best time since my peak 3 years ago.
I started drinking green veg juice on 1st Jan, shed my extra stone in 5 weeks and blew myself away with my training performance. I also started growing my own wheatgrass and take a shot every morning. It is powerful stuff.
I'm looking now to get focused on duathlon/triathlon. Any training tips or advice?
I'm bursting to move to the next level

oldscoil Registered User
#2

Hi

What exactly is you "drinking green veg juice "

And I'd like more info on how you grew your own wheatgrass?

Thansk in advance.

b

RacoonQueen Moderator
#3

Fascinating stuff.

Any particular green veggies that are more powerful than others?

elvis jones Closed Account
#4

RacoonQueen said:
Fascinating stuff.

Any particular green veggies that are more powerful than others?


Spinach, did you learn nothing from watching Popeye !!!!

3 people have thanked this post
energuy Registered User
#5

yes I am fond of the spinach like popeye.
The green juice I make is nothing too unusual, but it sure works a treat.
3 celery sticks
half a cucumber
3 handfuls spinach leaves
thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
1/4 of a lime - take out the pips
you can add 1/2 of a green apple for taste initially but I have cut this out now, for low sugar
I started with this and then began growing my own wheatgrass which dramatically boosted my performance. I either add some to my juice and I take a shot of wheatgrass everyday. It is incredible stuff.
The whole thing works by cleansing the blood with plant sterols - the component you see advertised in all these cholesterol lowering yoghurts etc but you are not getting the sugars, just the super powers!
All the nutrition is wasted and enzymes destroyed if you use a centrifugal juicer, too fast and too hot. Use a masticating juicer and you get all the goodness.

energuy Registered User
#6

Oldscoil, re growing wheatgrass
I just sow my seed in a tray and cover for 3 days, then mist it twice a day for 7-10 days. I usually have a couple of trays on the go, at different stages. Very easy. I find the crop is better if you actually soak the seed in warm water overnight before sowing. And I use organic soil!
It is too expensive to buy ready grown. €9 for a large bag. I get a 1kg bag of seed for €3, which does 5 trays. Also, when you cut it fresh from your own tray, you are sure to be getting more energy as it is still full of life. It is enjoyable too, watching your own crop grow!

1 person has thanked this post
TRR Closed Account
#7

I find a morning glass of turtle blood can significantly increase the benefits of veg juice.

2 people have thanked this post
MrCreosote Registered User
#8

So that's what those cyclists mean by "juicing"!

Briando Registered User
#9

energuy said:
Hey guys,
I did Mount Juliet half marathon in Feb and finished with my best time since my peak 3 years ago.
I started drinking green veg juice on 1st Jan, shed my extra stone in 5 weeks and blew myself away with my training performance. I also started growing my own wheatgrass and take a shot every morning. It is powerful stuff.
I'm looking now to get focused on duathlon/triathlon. Any training tips or advice?
I'm bursting to move to the next level


Not sure if serious....

Get a good swim coach. Possibly join PB3 swim sessions if you are living in the Dublin area.

Most importantly, visualize your self as the 2013 National Series champion and it will be come true.. believe in the power of positive mental attitude and drink the green juice. Go to the next level!

2 people have thanked this post
sconhome Subscriber
#10

Now I'm confused.

Which is better? Green juice or the red beet juice that everyone was pushing last year?

1 person has thanked this post
hardCopy Registered User
#11

amphkingwest said:
Now I'm confused.

Which is better? Green juice or the red beet juice that everyone was pushing last year?


I hear the pros are mixing the two to make designer brown sludge.

It won't show up in a blood test bit it's easily identified with a stool sample.

1 person has thanked this post
peter kern Registered User
#12

amphkingwest said:
Now I'm confused.

Which is better? Green juice or the red beet juice that everyone was pushing last year?


now, red juice is much better when you want to see what energy systems you are using since red beet juice has RVE ( of course you have to do a metabolic test if you want that to work) . whereas the TBE you find in green juice and especially in wheat grass will help you to feel better how much faster you get since it is very constant.

tunney Registered User
#13

Briando said:
Not sure if serious....

Get a good swim coach. Possibly join PB3 swim sessions if you are living in the Dublin area.

Most importantly, visualize your self as the 2013 National Series champion and it will be come true.. believe in the power of positive mental attitude and drink the green juice. Go to the next level!


Reading a great book at the moment on the power of negative thinking. have to say it makes perfect sense. Happiness through negative thinking. Happy days

Krusty_Clown Registered User
#14

Limes have pips?

sconhome Subscriber
#15

Krusty_Clown said:
Limes have pips?


Unless its a Jaffa, there's got to be seeds somewhere.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!