grahambo Subscriber

MOD EDIT: CLICK HERE TO READ POST #291

All

Just an FYI
Part of Ulsterbank's back end systems are down.

Payments of any description to and from Ulsterbank accounts are not working and account balances are not up to date.

The problem is nationwide on both sides of the boarder.

Problem occurred during the night but was only picked up by Ulsterbank at 8am this morning.

Ulsterbank do not know when the issue will be resolved.

Regards
G.

EDIT:
They have only now updated their website:

[quote="Customer Information

**NEW**
We're currently experiencing some technical issues which means that account balances are not up to date and some of our online services are currently unavailable. We are working hard to fix this and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you."]Customer Information

**NEW**
We're currently experiencing some technical issues which means that account balances are not up to date and some of our online services are currently unavailable. We are working hard to fix this and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you.

1 person has thanked this post
thebourke Registered User

virus attack?

grahambo Subscriber

who knows?

markesmith Registered User

Any update on this peeps?

bizmark Registered User

what happens to regular payments in and out on a wensday ? will they still show up once this issue is fixed

unclebill98 Registered User

Still issues.

There is no change to reg payments etc, only online effected.

markesmith Registered User

Hmmm...does that mean my salary will be in? Not seeing it at the ATM

Our man in Havana Closed Account

Has caused embarrassment to people expecting money today.

midlandsmissus Registered User

I am having Ulster bank rage.

It's not just payments, every fecking thing is affected.

I was waiting on a replacement debit card, got it to today, tried to activate it online - "Sorry this service is temporarily unavailable'.

Went in to my branch to take money out, 'Sorry the system that lets us do that is not working'. Me 'So I can't even get money out of my account?'
Teller 'Well you can at the ATM". Me 'Well I can't because my card isnt activated and it wont let me do it onlne. Can you activate my card here '.

Teller: "Sorry our system that's let us do that is down'.

Me: Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't even get any money out for food!!!!!

jg72 Registered User

It is an unbelievably **** position! Was talking to a customer care person and they said UB are running their system routine between 1-3 am ... Hopefully it goes off without a hitch

thebadmonkey Registered User

ATM wasn't working either. Their customer care team were pretty abrupt as well which didn't help the mood. That said, given the abuse they have probably had to put up with I guess I can understand.

What's really frustrating me is the fact that they are quite happy to send out text me about various things but they have zero interest in keeping their customers updated. No regular updates on their site, no estimated ETA, nothing. Incredibly poor. The way they have downplayed it is also ridiculous. .. "some services are unavailable"....pfffft

seavill Registered User

Ulster Bank the most incompetent organisation I have ever had contact with. Only joined a month ago and the list of things that have gone wrong, people not knowing procedures, giving conflicting advice or even wrong advice, nothing surprises me at this stage even after a month

unclebill98 Registered User

midlandsmissus said:
I am having Ulster bank rage.

It's not just payments, every fecking thing is affected.

I was waiting on a replacement debit card, got it to today, tried to activate it online - "Sorry this service is temporarily unavailable'.

Went in to my branch to take money out, 'Sorry the system that lets us do that is not working'. Me 'So I can't even get money out of my account?'
Teller 'Well you can at the ATM". Me 'Well I can't because my card isnt activated and it wont let me do it onlne. Can you activate my card here '.

Teller: "Sorry our system that's let us do that is down'.

Me: Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't even get any money out for food!!!!!

Money was available in branch so not sure what happened there. Still, good have done a far better job keeping folks informed of what was happening.

unclebill98 said:
Money was available in branch so not sure what happened there. Still, good have done a far better job keeping folks informed of what was happening.

I called into the branch around one pm (midlands) and he said the system that lets us withdraw money over the counter wasn't working then. He said they were literally only taking lodgements.

And then when I was at the ATM trying my card as the guy on the customer service on the phone said to try it once, the woman in front of me was exclaiming that she had selected 40 euro and had only received 20 euro.

What could have affected the bank at such a large level?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!