kend805 Registered User
#1

since the hot weather arrived i have not needed to use my heating but went to turn it on today and there is no power going to it..(red reset light is not on)

all trip switches are up so i am lost ...any ideas?

.243 Registered User
#2

either the thermostat on your boiler has tripped out,or you have a wall stat in the house turned down too low

1 person has thanked this post
kend805 Registered User
#3

wall stats are both up to normal temp 25 degrees..how do i know the thermostat is tripped and how do i reset it.. it is making a really really low sound as if its on but the light is still off

.243 Registered User
#4

kend805 said:
wall stats are both up to normal temp 25 degrees..how do i know the thermostat is tripped and how do i reset it.. it is making a really really low sound as if its on but the light is still off

turn both wall stats up full,the stat on the boiler has a small grommet beside the dial (make sure the dial is not set too high) unscrew the grommet and press the small spring loaded button inside

JohnnieK Registered User
#5

That low noise you are hearing is the circulating pump so power is present. Has the pressure dropped on the system? There might be a pressure gauge somewhere on the system at the boiler or in the hotpress.

kend805 Registered User
#6

@.243... the stat on the boiler is at 3.5 and the only thing to unscrew is the screw to adjust the dial.. is this what you mean as the grommet.

@johnniek.. the pressure gauge reads 0 but if i switch on the heating it rises to 25 psi and has stayed at that pressure since i switched it back off..(approx half an hour now)

.243 Registered User
#7

kend805 said:
@.243... the stat on the boiler is at 3.5 and the only thing to unscrew is the screw to adjust the dial.. is this what you mean as the grommet.

@johnniek.. the pressure gauge reads 0 but if i switch on the heating it rises to 25 psi and has stayed at that pressure since i switched it back off..(approx half an hour now)

Is there any way you could post a pic of the boiler

jimmyw Registered User
#9

Did you try resetting the boiler itself.There is a button on the boiler.

Oh you said the reset button/light is not on.Have you a switch on the wall with a light ? (main)

meercat Registered User
#10

http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/Product.asp?Prd=236403

the high limit stat is behind the black knob
unscrew it off and push the button

kend805 Registered User
#11

switched on at the mains

hit that reset button but still nothing

jimmyw Registered User
#12

Try to see if there is a firevalve near your burner, it might have been tripped.It happened to me the other day after we had our summer.

thread here similar too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056658779

kend805 Registered User
#13

i looked at that other thread and the pictures are the same as mine except i have no red valve near my boiler only the reset button which you circled blue in the pictures,, not sure what you mean about firevalve either

jimmyw Registered User
#14

kend805 said:
i looked at that other thread and the pictures are the same as mine except i have no red valve near my boiler only the reset button which you circled blue in the pictures,, not sure what you mean about firevalve either


If you have a look on that other thread,you will see what I have anyway.Its a valve to shut off the fuel flow if there is a fire, so it should be somewhere on the line from the tank to the burner.Of course it may vary from model to model.Its a possibility anyway.

The way I reset it is to pull up on the valve, reset at the burner and viola! off she pops.(make sure there is power going to the burner first)

So you should have 3 resets, one inside the burner housing (Thermostat), one on the burner, the firevalve.

Billy Bunting Registered User
#15

If the red reset button on the burner is not lite then you have no power getting to the burner, forget the fire valve. If the pump is running and you have pushed the reset on the high limit stat and still have nothing then you need a service call, i suggest an Oftec registered Engineer is the way to go.

As for the other thread that run for some time on the Appliances forum, if the OP of that thread had posted it here, or indeed the Mod had moved it here, then the OP would have had the right people reading it and may of saved themselves that service call.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!