fishy fishy Registered User

Who's looking forward to this week in Galway. I'm really excited about it. Anyone know what entertainment will be lined up this time round. I really hope the weather is good like last time. It's like a holiday away. Any ideas of the music.

Volvo Ocean Race Galway Registered User

We're busy working away on getting confirmation of acts on all nights from the 30th June - 8th July. As soon as we have acts confirmed and signed off we'll be announcing them on our Facebook page and website. Hope this helps!

17 people have thanked this post
fishy fishy Registered User

thanks for that - will keep on it

MrVoracious Registered User

Really can't wait! I was thinking about staying in a hostel for the last weekend but i'm just wondering if you have to book it in advance?

ilovesleep Closed Account

I hope the saw doctors do a concert preferably on a weekend night.

civis_liberalis Registered User

MrVoracious said:
Really can't wait! I was thinking about staying in a hostel for the last weekend but i'm just wondering if you have to book it in advance?

You should book as soon as you are sure you plan to travel.

Hostels are relatively cheap so they fill up very very quickly.

I would recommend Kinlay House.

1 person has thanked this post

MrVoracious said:

You should book as soon as you are sure you plan to travel.

Hostels are relatively cheap so they fill up very very quickly.

I would recommend Kinlay House.

Thanks for the advice! The last time I was in galway I stayed in Snoozle's. It was great and the staff were brilliant so I might try that one again. Obviously i'll have a look around first and see where I can get the best deal but at least I have a fallback

civis_liberalis Registered User

No problem. Seriously though, book very early or you might be disappointed. I know it's still about 12 weeks away, but after the success it was last year, beds will go fast.

I've heard Snoozles is good as well too.

Diabhal Beag Known cowboy

Hope they get the Stunning/the Walls to play. That was easily one of the best gigs I was ever at.

Ideally i'd love if they got the cranberries (after all they do have to promote their new album and they don't have any irish dates as of yet) but I'd say they'd be too expensive
A man can dream....

magentas Registered User

Plus one on the cranberries, would LOVE if they played!

Friend of mine saw them in Sydney recently and said it was a great show.

Shane St. Registered User

should be ok. Hope its not too noisy

Shane St. said:
should be ok. Hope its not too noisy

Lol if music is good I hope the opposite!
Just hope they dont get some ****ty pop 'musician'

galwayrush Registered User

Rammstein would be special....Not a chance in the world i know, but no harm in dreaming...

My Bloody Valentine!!! Make it the loudest race village of the tournament
I think I'd even prefer them to the cranberries... The only Irish artist that could top that would be Rory Gallagher but sadly he's not here anymore....

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!