Morag Registered User

Zapp Brannigan said:

No Shireen? Melisandre mentions that Stannis' wife only gave him stillborns and death.

She was on the beach standing by his side and when he left the beach he held his hand out to her.

2 people have thanked this post
ixoy Moderator

Every time we went to see Theon last night, I kept having the chant: "Reek Reek, it rhymes with meek!" go through my head.

8 people have thanked this post
Raging_Ninja Registered User

Anyone here think that the character of Stannis (at least in the books) is slightly autistic? The lack of flexibility or outside-the-box thinking, the fixation on 'justice' and right and wrong, and lack of any sort of humour?

Cardinal Richelieu Closed Account

Raging_Ninja said:
Anyone here think that the character of Stannis (at least in the books) is slightly autistic? The lack of flexibility or outside-the-box thinking, the fixation on 'justice' and right and wrong, and lack of any sort of humour?

I don't think that's autism otherwise you just diagnosed some major religious figures as autistic. He is also referred to by Ned Stark as one of the best military commanders in Westeros so he must be flexible in battle.

Daith Registered User

Cardinal Richelieu said:
I don't think that's autism otherwise you just diagnosed some major religious figures as autistic. He is also referred to by Ned Stark as one of the best military commanders in Westeros so he must be flexible in battle.

Ned Stark is an idiot though.

Dades Administrator

A lot of messing with the plot lines, alright.

I don't see much of it haven't any grander impact on the main plot, however.
The same things will happen just by slighter different (and more expedient) routes.

"Yara" Greyjoy was a let down. Not much spark there.

Funglegunk Registered User

Daith said:
Ned Stark is an idiot though.

Maybe, but I never knew the man to be wrong in matters of combat.

WindmillWarrior Registered User

Just realised something horrible - no Reeds have been cast for the 2nd series have they?? They should be coming to Winterfell to Bran in season 2 I'd have thought? They are very important in Brans story and I love everything about them and their people. Their "Song of Ice and Fire" poem is really cool as well

Funglegunk Registered User

WindmillWarrior said:
Just realised something horrible - no Reeds have been cast for the 2nd series have they?? They should be coming to Winterfell to Bran in season 2 I'd have thought? They are very important in Brans story and I love everything about them and their people. Their "Song of Ice and Fire" poem is really cool as well

I have confidence the Reeds will appear in Season 3. The writers have strongly hinted that is the case.

1 person has thanked this post
Son0vagun Registered User

Funglegunk said:
I have confidence the Reeds will appear in Season 3. The writers have strongly hinted that is the case.

Sounds like a possibilty. Maybe Bran and Hodor meet them as they start their travels!

Dades Administrator

Much as I liked the Reeds and their characters, their story arc is liked with the interminable Bran/wolf thing which made me dread seeing a "Bran" charter in ADWD.

As the least Meera better be foxier than Asha Yara.

mewso Moderator

Dades said:

Isn't Meera supposed to be Bran's age? Anyway Episode 3. Fantastic I thought after a weakish episode 2. Loved the way they used Yoren as a way to introduce Arya's prayer. So next week's dramatic ending has to be the shadowy murder. Be interesting to see how that goes.

Tenger Moderator

Dades said:

I never really pictured Asha as foxy.....hard nosed bitch maybe,but not foxy. I think that actress was pretty much spot on.

OwaynOTT Registered User

Starting to get going now. Brienne!

Feeling a bit sorry for Theon and don't recall that from the books. Can imagine it will only get worse a lot later down the line.

Sleepy Registered User

Yeah, Theon is definitely being played more sympathetically than I remember his character from the books.

Liking Margaery's character in this. She's certainly being portrayed as a younger (extremely sexy) version of the Queen of Thornes!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!