Raam Registered User
manwithaplan Registered User

Is that the hill that was described as the "Bog berg" in the Swords Sportive (on which I was unceremoniously dropped by Raam of this parish)? If so, bring your MTB.

Raam Registered User

manwithaplan said:
Is that the hill that was described as the "Bog berg" in the Swords Sportive (on which I was unceremoniously dropped by Raam of this parish)? If so, bring your MTB.

That's the one.

bcmf Closed Account

Thats a weapon of lump. Hit it at speed without knowing its there and you could be in real trouble.

buffalo Registered User

So there's been rumours that the finish line on this one has moved - can anyone confirm?

Lusk Doyle Closed Account

Lusk Doyle said:
That's the descent of the hill you nearly killed me with going the other way recently, isn't it? You'd get some speed going down there I'd reckon and the surface....Oh Boy!

I don't recall any near death experiences.

My lungs do!

buffalo said:
So there's been rumours that the finish line on this one has moved - can anyone confirm?

I have a flyer for this that was given out at the Traders Cup Race in Dundalk. The finish is marked as being on the Nag's Head (the road that you turn onto from the old N1) just before the right turn towards Walshestown. This would be a fairly uphill finish. I have no idea if this is where it was last year.

I rode some of this circuit tonight and the R129 was closed just down from Ballyboughal village. I presume the organisers have it all in hand but it's properly sealed off at the moment.

1 person has thanked this post
buffalo Registered User

manwithaplan said:
I have a flyer for this that was given out at the Traders Cup Race in Dundalk. The finish is marked as being on the Nag's Head (the road that you turn onto from the old N1) just before the right turn towards Walshestown. This would be a fairly uphill finish. I have no idea if this is where it was last year.

Grand, that corresponds with one of the maps I've seen, and with the one that's now up at http://www.balbriggancc.ie/2012-BMCK.pdf - is that the finish on your flyer?

manwithaplan said:
I rode some of this circuit tonight and the R129 was closed just down from Ballyboughal village. I presume the organisers have it all in hand but it's properly sealed off at the moment.

Hopefully they have it in hand!

Beasty Searchin' for segments ....

buffalo said:

Hopefully they have it in hand!

According to Fingal County Council

The road will be closed between Monday 26th March 2012 and Friday 30th March 2012 inclusive
The road will be closed between Monday 26th March 2012 and Friday 30th March 2012 inclusive

... so it should be re-opened for the weekend

2 people have thanked this post

buffalo said:
is that the finish on your flyer

Yep - it's the same map as the one on the flyer with the same finish marked.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!