rickyjb Registered User
#1

I'm trying to find the paint code for a 2001 Ford Focus Hatchback. It doesn't seem to be on the door or door jam, where should I look? Thanks.

mondeoman2 Registered User
#2

rickyjb said:
I'm trying to find the paint code for a 2001 Ford Focus Hatchback. It doesn't seem to be on the door or door jam, where should I look? Thanks.


Hi,if you pm me the vin number from the bottom of the windscreen i should be able to get it for you

or you can put the vin number in the link & it should tell you.http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

1 person has thanked this post
rickyjb Registered User
#3

mondeoman2 said:
Hi,if you pm me the vin number from the bottom of the windscreen i should be able to get it for you

or you can put the vin number in the link & it should tell you.http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do


Thanks, I put in the VIN but it only gives smokestone as the paint colour, are there different kinds of this particular colour (clear, metallic etc.) or is this enough info. The guy in the garage was looking specifically for a code I think.

mondeoman2 Registered User
#4

rickyjb said:
Thanks, I put in the VIN but it only gives smokestone as the paint colour, are there different kinds of this particular colour (clear, metallic etc.) or is this enough info. The guy in the garage was looking spefically for a code I think.



the code should be on the vin plate,drivers door area(on mondeo,not sure about focus)
when i enter my vin is says Moondust silver & metallic in brackets beside it.

rickyjb Registered User
#5

mondeoman2 said:
the code should be on the vin plate,drivers door area(on mondeo,not sure about focus)


Is the VIN plate different from the VIN, which is, as you said, located on the bottom of the windscreen? There doesn't seem to be anything around the driver's door area.

mantaraver Registered User
#6

The plate may also be a sticker, about the size of a box of cigs, either located in the door B pillar or on the front panel under the bonnet. There should be 5 or 6 small boxes on the left side of that plate, each containing a few letters or numbers.
The paint code is in the second box counting up and it would be something like "g8" The first letter gives the color possabilities and the second denotes the year. Between them ( and ford codes are a right pain to decipher) you will most likely end up with the colour SMOKESTONE MICA which has the unique code KRYE

Owen Registered User
#7

Pretty much as Mantaraver said, Fords are a pig to decypher. You need to get a letter from the sticker inside the door, get the year and model, put that into a ready reckoner and then you'll have the code. This is the sticker you're looking for, and the digit is the first one of two circled in red. If you get that, post here the year of your focus and I'll get you your code. Bear in mind that the code won't give you an exact paint match, there could be a few shade variants all with the same code too.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!