Smic16 Registered User

Again apologies if you think im getting bad with the new recruits but when the noise level increased in the past few months you can see why I drew that conclusion....regardless of who causes it MA's/Grad Dips/ Undergrads....lets just agree that it'll be kept to a minimum for the sake of the other MA's/Grad Dips who are trying to get stuff done. Were all under pressure and as has been pointed out it is the only space we have so we might as well be getting worth from it!...Conflict over!

Cailin CoisFarraige Registered User

Ciderswigger said:
SOCKETS!!!!!! GIVE ME SOCKETS!!!!!! I neeeeeed to plug in my laptop!!!!

You know it's bad when people have started bringing their own extension leads

MISU Office Verified representative

Cailin CoisFarraige said:
You know it's bad when people have started bringing their own extension leads

The socket situation will be improved on in the coming months. More to follow when we have the info.

4 people have thanked this post
alwayswright Registered User

Three days into infant teaching practice and i'm already wrecked.! Never knew how demaning infants could be
Looking forward to a lie in at the weekend

dambarude Moderator

alwayswright said:
Never knew how demaning infants could be

Hmmm.. you could either mean demeaning, or demanding. In certain classes it could be both I suppose

I know the feeling!

1 person has thanked this post
alwayswright Registered User

dambarude said:
Hmmm.. you could either mean demeaning, or demanding. In certain classes it could be both I suppose

I know the feeling!

Meant to say the former.! I'm really enjoying it though, infants can be very draining on the energy levels at times but its very rewarding overall

dambarude Moderator

I've something to whinge about: they've spelled 'Ollscoil Luimnigh' wrong on the new exam answer papers. The one I got today had 'Oillscoil' on it.

A pretty pedantic complaint I know . There have been much bigger exam cock-ups in the past, and even in the last week!

Ciderswigger Registered User

dambarude said:
There have been much bigger exam cock-ups in the past, and even in the last week!

Oooh...what's been happening this week? Cock-up wise.

dambarude Moderator

Incorrect papers were handed out in one exam, with questions that weren't meant to be on the exam. Exams are stressful enough without that sort of carry on!

Poxyshamrock Moderator

dambarude said:
they've spelled 'Ollscoil Luimnigh' wrong on the new exam answer papers. The one I got today had 'Oillscoil' on it.

Noticed that myself!

Having said that for my 5 years in Secondary School, my pre-JC and pre-LC booklets said 'Coláste Micíl'.

McSween Registered User

nothing major here, but thank christ i have no more french tutorials in that summerville house. it's like a dental surgery down there . the nerves before my oral exam matched those of the dentist and all

dambarude
They've spelled 'Ollscoil Luimnigh' wrong on the new exam answer papers. The one I got today had 'Oillscoil' on it.

And it says TEAM rather than TEARM.

Poxyshamrock Moderator

I must say that off campus placement is actually costing me a fortune.

9 months of unpaid placement, having to pay for lunches, clothes, transport/ travel is a joke. End up spending my part time job wages trying to cover my placement costs.
Add to that the college fees for a year that you don't even go near the campus!

Wish it was a three year degree.

/rant

Poxyshamrock said:
I must say that off campus placement is actually costing me a fortune.

9 months of unpaid placement, having to pay for lunches, clothes, transport/ travel is a joke. End up spending my part time job wages trying to cover my placement costs.
Add to that the college fees for a year that you don't even go near the campus!

Wish it was a three year degree.

/rant

Agh, that sucks. Where are you on placement? Having to pay fees and not coming near the campus is a joke. I was debating going somewhere for media but placement office wasn't that helpful and I'm too old to be just doing the extra year and only making the tea so I decided to skip it. It does mean my FYP is one year closer though.

Poxyshamrock Moderator

Ciderswigger said:
Agh, that sucks. Where are you on placement? Having to pay fees and not coming near the campus is a joke. I was debating going somewhere for media but placement office wasn't that helpful and I'm too old to be just doing the extra year and only making the tea so I decided to skip it. It does mean my FYP is one year closer though.

Wouldn't mind my FYP being closer actually! Very hard to motivate yourself when not in college too!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!