BlackWizard Registered User

ZX7R said:
how about a spin to glendaloch the roads ont to bad

Yeah I'd be up for that. I'm going to see a bike tomorrow.. if I fall in love I might be picking it up Saturday morning

KingIsabella Registered User

Sound! Hope the weathers gonna be nice!

BlackWizard Registered User

I'm out look at a bike from about 10-1pm . Not sure if Ill be around for a run tomorrow

Just wondering is my planned trip from cork-mizen head and back on saturday too stressful on my restricted bandit engine or will it be ok?

Please Kill Me Closed Account

KingIsabella said:
Just wondering is my planned trip from cork-mizen head and back on saturday too stressful on my restricted bandit engine or will it be ok?

Should be alright man. Just don't go mad on it.

Easier said than done! On the big roads im not too gentle!

The Don Registered User

KingIsabella said:

One of the lads did the Iron Butt of Ireland on his restricted Bandit S and didn't have any trouble so you should be grand.

As for the weekly rideout, I need to get my bike fixed first. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be back on her again.

AgileMyth Registered User

KingIsabella said:

Why would it be stressful on the engine?

just wondernig, wouldnt like to do it on a 125, wondering if the restriction would have the same effect?

Green_Martian Registered User

KingIsabella said:
just wondernig, wouldnt like to do it on a 125, wondering if the restriction would have the same effect?

Wouldn't have any stress effect on the bandit engine, they are bullets, plus i did Dublin to cork and back again on my restricted bandit no bother

Hotblack Desiato Registered User

AgileMyth said:
Why would it be stressful on the engine?

If the engine is designed to deliver say 100hp, but is restricted to 33hp, you won't be able to stress the engine anywhere near what it is designed to be able to take.

johnml Registered User

just bought my first bike yesterday............a little 125 virago.......would you think i could keep up with the slower riders on this trip?

John

Please Kill Me Closed Account

I would think that out of respect, nobody is going to go haring off and leaving others behind. I reckon you'll be ok. I am of course open to correction.

johnml Registered User

Thanks!! I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks so to see how it goes!!!

P.C. Registered User

I am working tomorrow, next week is the Heineken Cup Quater final...

the following weekend - 14/15 April is good for me.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!