gurramok Closed Account

Wtf? All to line the pockets of an overpaid ESB. Guess the mild winter has hit ESB profits hard, they had to find out a way to punish users who do try to cut their bills
[quote="
Electric Ireland has set another charge on more than 100,000 householders because they are not using a lot of electricity.

A new 'low user standing charge' came into effect on February 1 targeting customers who use an average of two units or less per day.

According to the Irish Times, their bills will increase by 15.5 cent per day - that is €9.45 in a two-monthly bill.

Householders have been told about the increase in bill inserts in the past fortnight.

Read more: "]
Electric Ireland has set another charge on more than 100,000 householders because they are not using a lot of electricity.

A new 'low user standing charge' came into effect on February 1 targeting customers who use an average of two units or less per day.

According to the Irish Times, their bills will increase by 15.5 cent per day - that is €9.45 in a two-monthly bill.

Householders have been told about the increase in bill inserts in the past fortnight.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/low-electricity-users-hit-with-extra-charge-541340.html#ixzz1nZZw69IN

1 person has thanked this post
Biggins Banned

More details here: http://www.thejournal.ie/energy-customers-face-minimum-charge-for-not-using-enough-electricity-366894-Feb2012/

Its a bit much by them.
They try and give good reason for it but frankly as the saying goes "It leaves a bad taste in the mouth".

2 people have thanked this post
the groutch Registered User

it will be mostly 2nd homes or holiday homes effected, it's almost impossible to live on less than 2 units a day in a property

silly Registered User

When is this sh1t going to end...

10 people have thanked this post

Just fit a timer that will switch something on for a few minutes a day.

Caveman1 Registered User

Only in Ireland

5 people have thanked this post
Nothingbetter2d Closed Account

switch electricity provider.

23 people have thanked this post
Jesus Shaves Registered User

Nothingbetter2d said:

Exactly, No point complaining and then doing nothing about it.

pcardin Registered User

Rip-off Ireland

Paparazzo Registered User

Nothingbetter2d said:

Exactly. If a phone company or any other service provider put up their charges would their be a thread about it?
Change provider and stop moaning

jack presley Moderator

the groutch said:
it will be mostly 2nd homes or holiday homes effected, it's almost impossible to live on less than 2 units a day in a property

Yeah but there are no sensationalist headlines if that point is emphasised

gbee Closed Account

It's really the mad house, isn't it?

Lower your carbon footprint by using less electricity and we'll charge you more anyway.

Don't use a toll road and we'll pay the company to mind and empty road.

I'm sure there are more.

3 people have thanked this post
Biggins Banned

It reminds me of Ryanair and their debit cards!
Use it enough and supposedly you don't get charged for possession of it - don't use it as much and you do get charged.
My point is that sadly if Ryanair can do this type of thing - the prospect of ESB being stopped from doing something somewhat similar, will be low.

ejmaztec Registered User

I think the ESB solved the problem for me by connecting my meter to ten houses and a factory, so I'll never be charged over the odds for using too little.

2 people have thanked this post
Biggins Banned

ejmaztec said:
I think the ESB solved the problem for me by connecting my meter to ten houses and a factory, so I'll never be charged over the odds for using too little.

You too!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!