• I will be going to mass and not eating meat (6.83%)
  • I will be only going to mass (0.62%)
  • I will not be eating meat (10.56%)
  • Tis just another normal day in our mundane and boring lives :P (81.99%)
toexpress Closed Account

kfallon said:
We are not speaking, we are typing

Back any better today?

I speak it as I type and read ... I'm a bit slow

Back is as was but thanks for asking, a true gent! Now if only you were an 83 year old wealthy farmer with a large holding who was gay you would be ideal

Tomk1 Registered User

jester77 said:
Is this the no cigarette day?

Little known fact, for a long time it was actually smoker's day, where smokers united, and offen would march down the street, putting thier cigs out on the foreheads of non-smokers & little old ladies, but thankfully some traditions are fading away now.

1 person has thanked this post
kfallon Registered User

toexpress said:
I speak it as I type and read ... I'm a bit slow

Back is as was but thanks for asking, a true gent! Now if only you were an 83 year old wealthy farmer with a large holding who was gay you would be ideal

You filthy b*stard!

toexpress Closed Account

kfallon said:
You filthy b*stard!

Not really I just figure at 83 he can't have long left and then I can get the farm, have all the meat I want and create the next Ballymaloe right here in Co. Kildare

flossy1 Registered User

i like ash wednesday , it brings me back to reality DUST THOUGH ARE AND UNTO DUST YOU SHALL RETURN

readyletsgo Registered User

Had no idea it was 'ash wednesday' today. Saw a few people around the office(big building) with sh!t on their faces, surprisingly, I didnt think anything of it. No eating meat? Eh, dont tell me what I can and can not eat on any sort of day, wont be eating meat today anyway, more veg for my dindins tonight. Maybe a bit of meat in my deli roll in a little bit.

Silly tradition tbh, I mean like, we are people with a population of 7 billion or there abouts on a planet, floating in a extremely vast space. Aliens (if they could be arsed) must look at us today and think (as someone funnily said already) 'why are they walking around with burnt rubbish on their faces?' lol.

Silly little usless race we are. WASH YOUR FOREHEAD, dirty hippy!

Freddie59 Closed Account

Went to Mass. Will be fasting. Everyone to their own. If ya want to get sloshed, knock yourself out.

2 people have thanked this post
Seomra Mushie Closed Account

I had homemade chicken soup for breakfast. Going to eat a bit of meatloaf for lunch, and have more meatloaf with a little rice for dinner. So... yeah. Meat-tastic.

I would hate in secondary school when sanctimonious feckers would chide me for eating meat as part of my lunch on Ash Wednesday. What business was it of theirs? Our school was Catholic ethos but there was students of at least three other religions attending also. I was raised Catholic but how did they know what my feelings on religion were and why on Earth should I have defend myself on such a matter?

2 people have thanked this post
StephenHendry Moderator

got the ashes, forgot about the part about not eating meat. i had my lunch then went to get the ashes

kfallon Registered User

StephenHendry said:
got the ashes, forgot about the part about not eating meat. i had my lunch then went to get the ashes

And the frame......

how does the church get the ashes? must be a serious carbon footprint if catholics worldwide are getting smudged up

flash1080 Banned

Nearly took a bite out of a sausage bap today, lucky I remembered.

ixoy Moderator

So that's why KFC was quieter today. More of this please if it makes queues shorter!

Paddy De Plasterer Registered User

No sign of Bertie even, with big lump of soot on his forehead ?

jester77 Registered User

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar said:
how does the church get the ashes? must be a serious carbon footprint if catholics worldwide are getting smudged up

I'm wondering that too, it was much easier for them back in the day when people were allowed to smoke in the pubs. All they had to do was head across the street and empty the ash trays, no idea how they do it today

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!