ShamoBuc Registered User

I had a 99 Peugeot 106 for about 3 years. Only in the last few months did I realise it had a CD player! Never knew it was there. You had to press a button and the front of the radio flipped down and voila!

_Kaiser_ Registered User

Well I discovered today that the 4 holes to the left side of the centre console (where a car kit/phone holder had previously been installed but removed before I bought the car 4 years ago), exactly fits the bracket/screws for the new cradle I bought for my Galaxy S2 that someone linked to on another thread here last week

1 person has thanked this post
-Corkie- Closed Account

Kaiser2000 said:
Well I discovered today that the 4 holes to the left side of the centre console (where a car kit/phone holder had previously been installed but removed before I bought the car 4 years ago), exactly fits the bracket/screws for the new cradle I bought for my Galaxy S2 that someone linked to on another thread here last week

Something you can relate to but I found out that my Passat actually has a CR engine and not a PD. I only found out when i priced a timing belt kit. It must have been one of the first ones...

2 people have thanked this post
dan hibiki Registered User

i found out when i bought my first car, a 98 brava, that fiat make their their car keys out of baco-foil.

4 f:mad:cking keys i went through.

2 people have thanked this post
eth0 Banned

Front fog lights, possibly rear ones as well. Only really noticed them today because I was wondering why foglight threads are banned in here. They are low down and not very prominent so I never really took any notice.

Don't know how to switch them on though.. and I'm not too pushed. Maybe they're fake

This fella I used to know told me about someone at his work back in the day driving the new model of his previous car for a few weeks not realising it had another gear

brownacid Registered User

OSI said:
Yeah, I hear you have to replace the cat in those every so often.

Best pun ever!

lau1247 Registered User

racso1975 said:
Yup discovered if you keep the open button pressed on the fob all the windows open and close if u keep the closed button pressed

this is true for some cars with sun roof too.. mercedes in particular is the one i knew of but these days sun roof is becoming a rare sight

colm_mcm Registered User

eth0 said:
Front fog lights, possibly rear ones as well. Only really noticed them today because I was wondering why foglight threads are banned in here. They are low down and not very prominent so I never really took any notice.

Don't know how to switch them on though.. and I'm not too pushed. Maybe they're fake

This fella I used to know told me about someone at his work back in the day driving the new model of his previous car for a few weeks not realising it had another gear

What car do you have?

eth0 Banned

colm_mcm said:
What car do you have?

Fabia estate 1.4 MPI

colm_mcm Registered User

Far as I know, to turn on the front fogs, (with the lights on) pull headlight switch back one click. to put on both rear and front foglights, pull the switch back another click.

eth0 Banned

colm_mcm said:
Far as I know, to turn on the front fogs, (with the lights on) pull headlight switch back one click. to put on both rear and front foglights, pull the switch back another click.

ah I have it now. didn't know it was possible to pull it back. Its also possible to push it in one click and turn on the parking lights and it stays pushed in. you know what that is for or if it does anything?

pippip Registered User

If its the same as Audi the push in is for removing it. Push in and turn to the left and it should pull out.

CJhaughey Registered User

E11 Corolla, if you unlock the previously locked car with the remote and don't open a door/boot within 30 seconds it relocks itself.

Senna Registered User

Had a Freelander for 2 years, sold it a few months back and as i was cleaning out my stuff for the new owners i looked under the driver seat and found a 6 disk cd changer.

Also found out that the alarm i have on another car can start the car if it reads the battery level dropping to a low level, a nice feature especially on a car that could sit out side my house for weeks on end.

dmcar02 Registered User

My own car, only figured out the radio volume goes up as you speed up. Class

Girlfriends car, Mondeo, you use the washer jets, wipers come on twice, then once again after about 5 secs to completely dry the windscreen. Also it has heated washer jets, brilliant in the winter

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!