chursy Registered User
#106

lennemcg said:
Did anyone attend the chartered grind school revision course at the weekend? Was it any good? Did they give out any extra notes?


Why would attend the grinds when you have sean Murray!!! He is a legend!

premiergal Registered User
#107

Hi does anyone have the three mock papers or could they let me know where they are on the website?
Can't find them at all, thanks!
Found the 2012 mock papers so jsut the 2010 & 2011 I can't find.

Trend Setter in Training Registered User
#108

premiergal said:
Hi does anyone have the three mock papers or could they let me know where they are on the website?
Can't find them at all, thanks!
Found the 2012 mock papers so jsut the 2010 & 2011 I can't find.


Attached now

Trend Setter in Training Registered User
#109

Does anyone have a list of cases for AA Elective broken down by indicator, similar to the one provided in the FAE Core Thread. Was told there should be one from last year but can't find it.

Peanut_M Registered User
#110

Kerrigan Medical Devices Limited - is it just me or is that a shockingly vague case study ??

premiergal Registered User
#111

CCASS Accountant said:
Attached now


Thanks a million for that

Apollo_Creed Registered User
#112

Hi,
Just wondering does anyone have Sean Murrays notes from the Mock Review Session.
He said he has all the mocks and real exams broken down by indicator, I'm thinkin this will be handy, but i missed the session so only viewed it online.

Thanks.

notanocelot Registered User
#113

Apollo_Creed said:
Hi,
Just wondering does anyone have Sean Murrays notes from the Mock Review Session.
He said he has all the mocks and real exams broken down by indicator, I'm thinkin this will be handy, but i missed the session so only viewed it online.


I missed it too, but you should be fine with the suggested solution since that has "candidate demonstrates competence in..." after each indicator.

Trend Setter in Training Registered User
#114

Apollo_Creed said:
Hi,
Just wondering does anyone have Sean Murrays notes from the Mock Review Session.
He said he has all the mocks and real exams broken down by indicator, I'm thinkin this will be handy, but i missed the session so only viewed it online.

Thanks.


Ya i heard that too, he had his own list done out breaking down each indicator. Was told it went up online but no sign of it.... anyone have it?

notanocelot Registered User
#115

Anyone else find that your mind just goes blank when you're asked for tests/ideas/methods/controls in a question and you come up with 3 or so and then the solution says you need twice that for Competent? I keep doing really badly in my case studies and just can't manage the blue-sky thinking!

Any suggestions?

chursy Registered User
#116

notanocelot said:
Anyone else find that your mind just goes blank when you're asked for tests/ideas/methods/controls in a question and you come up with 3 or so and then the solution says you need twice that for Competent? I keep doing really badly in my case studies and just can't manage the blue-sky thinking!

Any suggestions?


Ya even i am like that - Which doesnt really motivate you at all! but i suppose just gota keep going man!! Hang in there! all of us are in the same boat. I am actually now worried about the structure of the solution that i will be writing in the main exam because the exam papers are just unreal! everything is laid out etc and flows in a sequence ....

faer2203 Registered User
#117

Anyone do interplant plc and tangent ltd case? cant see where there getting the 750k from (is it half of 1,500k, and if so why are they doing that) Thanks

chursy Registered User
#118

faer2203 said:
Anyone do interplant plc and tangent ltd case? cant see where there getting the 750k from (is it half of 1,500k, and if so why are they doing that) Thanks


What 750?

notanocelot Registered User
#119

How exactly can we tell what's an agreed-upon procedures engagement, what's an assurance engagement, and all the rest of them? I seriously can't tell.

Anyone want to venture a succinct definition? I'd be really grateful!

chursy Registered User
#120

Where can I read up on the distributable reserves stuff ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!