aka accounts 2010 Registered User
#211

NIBBS said:
I know both main bands on this bill are popular - but since when were they popular enough to sell out 45k tickets in a couple of hours - this stinks again.....something just doesn't sound right here.....


MCD know what will sell. Snow Patrol played two nights in Dublin and three nights in Belfast in January, both Dublin & Belfast sold out in minutes.

FATM sold out the O2 for the 2nd March also in minutes.

Both bands have very successful albums currently out and both bands, especially Snow Patrol, have a wide selection of big hits and lively tunes which all lead to a big sell. Snow Patrol would also have a large support in the North which would add to sales.

I think you're looking at the likes of Foo Fighters with Kasabian and maybe a night consisting of Rihanna/Katy Perry with David Guetta as possible headliners for a Friday and Saturday night gig. I know that many die-hard music fans would not appreciate a few of the above names but at the end of the day, both would sell out in a matter of minutes!!!

2 people have thanked this post
Pudsy33 Registered User
#212

I find it weird myself, was at a ticketmaster outlet this morning with loads of other people, and very few, if any of them, were buying tickets for this. Doesn't add up.

aka accounts 2010 Registered User
#213

Pudsy33 said:
I find it weird myself, was at a ticketmaster outlet this morning with loads of other people, and very few, if any of them, were buying tickets for this. Doesn't add up.


What about online sales???? That's where the majority of purchasing is done these days.

Also, MCD and Snow Patrol both had 48 hour presales which would have shifted quiet a number of tickets!!! These gigs also have a 45,000 capacity. Population of ROI 4.5 million, Population of NI 1.8 million. Not that difficult to sell out really..

Oasis_Dublin Registered User
#214

Pudsy33 said:
I find it weird myself, was at a ticketmaster outlet this morning with loads of other people, and very few, if any of them, were buying tickets for this. Doesn't add up.


To be fair, it's not 1996 anymore! Fans at ticketmaster kioks/shops can't be seen to be a fair reflection of the ticket buying public, when every Tom, Dick and Harry has a laptop!

2 people have thanked this post
Furious-Red Moderator
#215

aka accounts 2010 said:
MCD know what will sell. Snow Patrol played two nights in Dublin and three nights in Belfast in January, both Dublin & Belfast sold out in minutes.

FATM sold out the O2 for the 2nd March also in minutes.

Both bands ha

ve very successful albums currently out and both bands, especially Snow Patrol, have a wide selection of big hits and lively tunes which all lead to a big sell. Snow Patrol would also have a large support in the North which would add to sales.

I think you're looking at the likes of Foo Fighters with Kasabian and maybe a night consisting of Rihanna/Katy Perry with David Guetta as possible headliners for a Friday and Saturday night gig. I know that many die-hard music fans would not appreciate a few of the above names but at the end of the day, both would sell out in a matter of minutes!!!


Exactly Snow Patrol are quite big , there arena dates nearly = 45000 people so add in FATM who also sold out the O2 and you have a massive sell out . Plus it was'nt too expensive when you think about the 3 acts that are on the bill .

I might pick up a ticket closer to the date when they do the usual "release production tickets" etc depending on what other gigs are on

part time punk Registered User
#216

NIBBS said:
I know both main bands on this bill are popular - but since when were they popular enough to sell out 45k tickets in a couple of hours - this stinks again.....something just doesn't sound right here.....


Would have to agree. I know it's a very popular line up for the masses but I'm still surprised it's 'sold out' so quick. People are leaving it later to buy tickets these days and much fewer gigs selling out in quick time. I didn't see any ads for this myself, first thing I saw it was on was here about lunchtime after selling out. Fully expect that we'll see more tickets made available for this closer to the event.

Any actual word on the other Phoenix park gigs apart from the general speculation on here

jack presley Moderator
#217

Furious-Red said:
.

I might pick up a ticket closer to the date when they do the usual "release production tickets" etc depending on what other gigs are on


Or when people who bought 4 or 6 tickets for mates who won't want to go in the end so they end up selling them

With the exception of massive bands like U2, there are always loads of tickets for sale at cost price for large open air gigs close to the date

karaokeman Registered User
#218

part time punk said:
Any actual word on the other Phoenix park gigs apart from the general speculation on here


This is probably just speculation again but I reckon we might get Kasabian on the next big announcement, seen as how the two main stage acts for T are already confirmed for the Phoenix Park.

I hope they'll announce Foo Fighters headining and Kasabian next with maybe Frank Turner or Miles Kane on the same bill.

Pudsy33 Registered User
#219

Oasis_Dublin said:
To be fair, it's not 1996 anymore! Fans at ticketmaster kioks/shops can't be seen to be a fair reflection of the ticket buying public, when every Tom, Dick and Harry has a laptop!


Well tbh i'd be surprised if they sold many more tickets for this then were sold for watch the throne this morning.

Furious-Red Moderator
#220

karaokeman said:
This is probably just speculation again but I reckon we might get Kasabian on the next big announcement, seen as how the two main stage acts for T are already confirmed for the Phoenix Park.

I hope they'll announce Foo Fighters headining and Kasabian next with maybe Frank Turner or Miles Kane on the same bill.


Yea i could see maybe

Kasabian
Elbow
Frank Turner
The Enemy
Miles Kane

Maybe they could throw in Chase & Status in their instead of someone

me-skywalker Registered User
#221

Any speculation on Radiohead? They have a new album due this year.

Furious-Red Moderator
#222

me-skywalker said:
Any speculation on Radiohead? They have a new album due this year.


Think they are rumoured for an Arena Tour later this year

oconnell122 Registered User
#223

Any chance of The Killers being announced seeing as the new album is due out later this year?

Hairycopper Registered User
#224

Is it going to be an open air event or in a tent?

Mushy Registered User
#225

Hairycopper said:
Is it going to be an open air event or in a tent?


A 45,000 capacity tent be epic.

Its open air.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!