pistolpetes11 Moderator
#1

Hows it going folks ,

After having my Jeep for a year Im getting shot of it ,

The cost of running her is unreal at the moment.

Its a 08 Navara Crew Cab with 91K on the clock, Automatic , Leather with Canopy in black and in very good condition.

Whilst reading a post on here last night about the Tips for selling your car , I noticed one of the points was to check what sort of price there going for on done deal and the likes.

I was going to put it in CBG /CarZone Auto Trader , the usual suspects , but was then thinking of putting it in the auction up in Wilsons just off the nass road.

I tipped up on Friday and they Valued her at between 9 & 10K ex, I would be happy enough with that price.

In the interm I spotted this add on done deal

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/2478362

What are these boys like ? Are they scam artists just looking to give the least price possible , I mailed another one and he got back to me asking whats the lowest price I would take for the jeep, no offer made.

I rang the number of the above add and its giving a ring tone that indicates there abroad.

So I am really looking for advice,

Do I sell it online , what type of waiting time would I be looking at ?

Sell it at the auction, ( If anyone has any tips for this I would much obliged )

Sell it to one of the guys in the above type of ad ?

Cheers for any help and advice , it will be much appeciated.

MidlandsM Banned
#2

you'd get a pittance from that crowd, as they'd see you like your in the sh1ts for money.


forget about them, first step is to start marketing it on donedeal, good crewcabs are still being bought by savvy farmers as their business is strong right now. Thats the market I'd target.

subway Closed Account
#3

without being smart, the reason they will buy your vehicle is because they can sell it on for more than they buy it.
they are going to offer you rock bottom money so they can make more profit. there is nothing underhanded about it, they are just preying on people who are stuck for cash, really lazy, impatient, or just a bit stupid and havent advertised properly.

like MidlandsM says, you will get more money selling it yourself, just market and price it properly

1 person has thanked this post
pistolpetes11 Moderator
#4

subway said:
without being smart, the reason they will buy your vehicle is because they can sell it on for more than they buy it.
they are going to offer you rock bottom money so they can make more profit. there is nothing underhanded about it, they are just preying on people who are stuck for cash, really lazy, impatient, or just a bit stupid and havent advertised properly.

like MidlandsM says, you will get more money selling it yourself, just market and price it properly


Cheers for the advice lads ,

Are the auctions pretty much the same ?

subway Closed Account
#5

auction, i wouldnt know about.
donedeal, priced right with good pics and a descriptive ad, i have seen cars sold in hours

2 people have thanked this post
MidlandsM Banned
#6

The auctions maybe, but you'll have more control if you try and sell it private.

3 people have thanked this post
Limerick man Registered User
#7

Ok so, you'd be happy with 9,000- 10,000.

Here's a simple exercise, clean your jeep (properly). Get a good camera and take 9 pictures of it from various angles.

Get it onto donedeal, (€3) and put it up for €12,350.

Then wait, see what happens. If someone rings and offers you €11,000, they're getting a good deal in their eyes, and you're up €1,000-€2,000 on the possible value at an auction.

That's not to be sniffed at for a days work.

5 people have thanked this post
canonball5 Registered User
#8

subway said:
auction, i wouldnt know about.
donedeal, priced right with good pics and a descriptive ad, i have seen cars sold in hours


have to agree. Sold my Santa Fe in 3hrs last month

1 person has thanked this post
murphhy Registered User
#9

They would probably hold onto it for a month and then sell it when people are looking for 4x4's for the winter. Sell it yourself you'll get more than what they will give you

166man Registered User
#10

Limerick man said:
Ok so, you'd be happy with 9,000- 10,000.

Here's a simple exercise, clean your jeep (properly). Get a good camera and take 9 pictures of it from various angles.

Get it onto donedeal, (€3) and put it up for €12,350.

Then wait, see what happens. If someone rings and offers you €11,000, they're getting a good deal in their eyes, and you're up €1,000-€2,000 on the possible value at an auction.

That's not to be sniffed at for a days work.


Excellent advice there LM.

I'd stay away from auctions. Good photos and a good add will really improve your chances of getting the price you want on something like Donedeal. A good proper clean can add hundreds of euro to the selling price than if it is dirty. €10500 would probably be a good price for it.

pistolpetes11 Moderator
#11

Limerick man said:
Ok so, you'd be happy with 9,000- 10,000.

Here's a simple exercise, clean your jeep (properly). Get a good camera and take 9 pictures of it from various angles.

Get it onto donedeal, (€3) and put it up for €12,350.

Then wait, see what happens. If someone rings and offers you €11,000, they're getting a good deal in their eyes, and you're up €1,000-€2,000 on the possible value at an auction.

That's not to be sniffed at for a days work.


Cheers,

Have it on done deal at 10,500 ex , going out to clean her up now , only got her the valet last month so she is pretty tidy inside still. And will take a few more pics ,

Thanks for all the help folks


Got a call there from a weird number

+7 (8500) 09-32-3

Left a voicemail giving a UK number to call him back on ! Looking up that dial code is from Russia !!!

pistolpetes11 Moderator
#12

murphhy said:
They would probably hold onto it for a month and then sell it when people are looking for 4x4's for the winter. Sell it yourself you'll get more than what they will give you


He has none up there in the lot which I found strange enough , said she very clean and he would expect her to sell on the night , but I might go with the excellent advice from LM

subway Closed Account
#13

dont waste your time, thats a scam already.
take a few pics in daylight with the car wahed, preferably when the sun comes out for 5 mins. do the usual photos, all 4 quarter panels, plus front, rear, side view and a couple interior. a detailed list of eveything you know about the car will demonstrate it as a well careed for example

and i think you are allowed link to the ad if you want more advice. (check with a mod first)

1 person has thanked this post
theblueirish Registered User
#14

pistolpetes11 said:
Cheers,

Have it on done deal at 10,500 ex , going out to clean her up now , only got her the valet last month so she is pretty tidy inside still. And will take a few more pics ,

Thanks for all the help folks


Got a call there from a weird number

+7 (8500) 09-32-3

Left a voicemail giving a UK number to call him back on ! Looking up that dial code is from Russia !!!



I would say this is a english mobile number, i googled it and it shows up on a few sites for selling cars:

http://eastyorkshire.britya.com/carsvehicles-a-cars-a-a83173291680-a-2000-Model-X-reg-Bmw-316i-se-

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2010-damaged-repairable-toyota-prius-hybrid/89053664

1 person has thanked this post
pcardin Registered User
#15



Isn't that the type of number that Nigerian scam artists use?
Beside the only country that comes in my mind as +7 is Russia.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!