bpb101 Registered User

i heard that we have a hundreds of tuns of grit and salt for a possible freeze
but who think we will hear these words
"we could have never predicted the vast amount of the snow this year , and a result we haven't got enough salt"
or some variation

Min Closed Account

I think the regulars here could never have predicted the number of snow threads during summer and now early autumn.

1 person has thanked this post
DarkJager Closed Account

bpb101 said:
"we could have never predicted the vast amount of the snow this year , and a result we haven't got enough salt"
or some variation

I don't want to hear the word snow at any stage this winter. If it does show up, I will set the whole garden on fire to get rid of it. I absolutely despise that dirty white ****.

5 people have thanked this post
NIALL D Registered User

hopefully the first snow arrives around mid october

3 people have thanked this post
Not Closed Account

The boards snow storm still hasn't eased up

I'm starting to see snow threads even when they are not there now. For a minute I thought the title of the other thread said 'potential snowy weather in the north Monday 12th September'

3 people have thanked this post
stevenmu Moderator

bpb101 said:
or some variation

I don't think it's a case of if, I think it's a case of when. I'm going to be bold and suggest November 21st to 25th.

nacho libre Registered User

Not said:
The boards snow storm still hasn't eased up

I'm starting to see snow threads even when they are not there now. :

Just as long as you don't start dreaming about snow threads, or perhaps that is what's already happening

Calibos Registered User

stevenmu said:
I don't think it's a case of if, I think it's a case of when. I'm going to be bold and suggest November 21st to 25th.

I presume you took a scientific evidence based approach to come up with that prediction.

2 people have thanked this post
stevenmu Moderator

Calibos said:
I presume you took a scientific evidence based approach to come up with that prediction.

Absolutely, I performed a comprehensive and detailed statistical analysis of the colour of the sky this morning, the average direction any cows I saw were facing and the height of the grass underneath a willow tree. With that many data points I can't possibly go wrong.

Speak Now Registered User

What snow

patneve2 Registered User

No offense, but I'm sick of these threads.

stacexD Registered User

My dad heard on Ireland AM or one of those shows this morning that they're predicting snow in the next 3-4 weeks

Speak Now Registered User

stacexD said:
My dad heard on Ireland AM or one of those shows this morning that they're predicting snow in the next 3-4 weeks

Yes in the artic circle

johngalway Closed Account

The media predicting the weather now eh, short memories, do ye not remember them predicting a great Summer, just next week.

There may be snow, I don't know, I do know the authorities are never and will never be prepared for it.

rc28 Registered User

What is with all these snow threads?? It's like everyone needs their fix of the white powder as we've gone so long without it.

I am now convinced we will have a horribly mild, wet and cloudy winter because we are getting our hopes up too much.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!