Shane St. Registered User

How has this season been people?? Massive Carrell fan and haven't brought myself to watch it yet. Nothing to do now so I might dig into season 8

skeleton_boy Registered User

A few poor episodes here and there but overall I feel it's been better then the last two seasons (excluding the sentimentality around Michaels exit). Been some great Jim and Dwight moments that we've simply not seen in the last 2-3 seasons. As someone said here earlier though, Andy (as the boss) and Robert are pretty poor.

3 people have thanked this post
jc84 Registered User

phasers said:
Good episode, they really need to keep Dwight as the main character instead of feckin Andy and Robert. He's carrying the show imo.

Season 8 will be dwights last, hes leaving and getting his own spinoff based on his b&b, bad move if you ask me

SirDelboy18 Closed Account

jc84 said:
Season 8 will be dwights last, hes leaving and getting his own spinoff based on his b&b, bad move if you ask me

Thats not confirmed by any means.

FreudianSlippers Registered User

SirDelboy18 said:
Thats not confirmed by any means.

Not confirmed that it will be a true spinoff, but confirmed to the point that NBC execs have stated that they are working on one a la Parks and Recreation (originally pitched as a The Office spinoff).

I also have to disagree about Andy, he has been very solid in his character this season as the boss... he IS the boss that Andy would be. Robert is truly awful though.

pickarooney Moderator

When is Andy going to have a rage attack again?

boneyarsebogman Registered User

pickarooney said:
When is Andy going to have a rage attack again?

That is something that annoys me actually - the fact that past indiscretions seem to have been overlooked completely; Ryan was an exec that cost Dunder Mifflen $100,000s in fraud, yet nobody seems to have mentioned this yet, Andy's rage issues seem to have been completely ignored and the Dundies haven't happened yet. Would be interesting to see Andy trying to host them.

Venom Registered User

phasers said:
Good episode, they really need to keep Dwight as the main character instead of feckin Andy and Robert. He's carrying the show imo.

Dwight really needs Jim as a foil to shine tho as otherwise he just spins off into crazy way to much. Robert as a character just dosent work for me and angry Andy was much more interesting than boss Andy who is a complete waste of screentime imho.

The one thing about the last episode that really surprised me was that apart from Kevin I don't give a toss about any of the characters that didn't go to Miami.

KeanSeenan Registered User

Venom said:
Dwight really needs Jim as a foil to shine tho as otherwise he just spins off into crazy way to much.

Well guess what? The spinoff will be about Dwight and Jim in the b&b! I'd actually really love to see the show try to arrange that, I've heard rumours that they were thinking about placing the spinoff at midseason and having dwight in the first half of the season before it.

pickarooney Moderator

Venom said:
Dwight really needs Jim as a foil to shine tho as otherwise he just spins off into crazy way to much.

Not as much as Jim needs Dwight to stop him spinning off into boring, dull, insufferable tool

2 people have thanked this post

Pretty boring this week, but it wasn't the worst.

The Cathy storyline could maybe have been done better. I mean, we barely saw any of her. I think the office needs a little shake-up, not of the Robert California variety ( who thankfully has been absent recently, long may it continue )

But yeah, could we not have had Cathy talking to Jim a bit more and tempting Jim a bit, rather than having him totally appalled. We all know that he is a really good guy, but even the best of us get tempted sometimes. I actually like the idea but I think that if we had seen more of them before Talahassee then it could have been done better. Saying that it wasn't too bad. And I doubt the storyline is over.

Wouldn't mind a return of Charles Minor either.

It's really been on the up and up since the Florida group went. "Good idea?! What is a tub of electricity?"

1 person has thanked this post
Skinfull Registered User

"Strike, Scream, Run" - And Creed's demonstration. First genuine LOL in a while watching this show.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!