Santan Registered User

Hi, can anyone help me, i need to prepare some vegetarian sanwiches and im looking for some simple ideas, checked some sites and all im getting is crazy ideas, just want something easy to prepare.

cheers

Breezer Registered User

Vegetarian is easy enough: any combination of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, egg, cheese... I dunno, watercress? Basil leaves? Rocket? Peppers? Coleslaw? The list is endless really, just not meat.

Vegan is just as easy really, you can get vegan mayonnaise (usually only in health food stores), or vegan "butter" such as Pure (in Dunnes, most Tescos, and health food shops, just as cheap as the dairy stuff). I'm a big fan of hoummous in sandwiches, tasty and good for protein. The standard Tesco one is particularly nice and fairly cheap.

One of my favourite sandwiches that's really easy but looks fancy is hoummous, fried mushroom, sliced tomato (cherry tomato if you want to go all out), cucumber, and either lettuce or rocket, on brown bread or pita. Nom nom

1 person has thanked this post
henryporter Registered User

Potato salad, sweetcorn and cheese. Nyom!

3 people have thanked this post
cosmic Registered User

Cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes and spinach on brown sliced bread with lots of black pepper. Nom!

sweet-rasmus Registered User

Roasted red peppers, hummus and lettuce *drools*

But more easily... lettuce, mayonnaise + cheese or cucumber or tomato (add a pinch of salt if using tomato)

2 people have thanked this post
De Hipster Registered User

Grilled haloumi, mashed avocado, red onion on granary bread with a squeeze of lemon/lime = delish. Not for mass crowds or long waiting periods.

Alternatively mixed mayo salad with or without eggs.

Gauge Closed Account

Spinach, blue cheese, and walnuts.
Spinach and cranberry wensleydale (this is my daily lunchtime sandwich at the moment!)
Any assortment of hummus + vegetables
Grilled tofu slices/tempeh and grilled veg
Chopped up veggieburger and red onion
Sliced ripe avocado
Quorn sausages and ketchup!

Edit: AND PEANUT BUTTER! How could I forget peanut butter?

Also, peanut butter and banana.

Sarah Bear Registered User

jam sandwiches!

Wurly Registered User

Mashed avocado with a bit of salt and pepper. Mild salsa on top. A-mazing!!

flikflak Registered User

Avocado, alfafa sprouts and tomato
Mayo, fake bacon, lettuce and tomato
Hummous, various veggies
Veggie pate and tomato

Also there are loads of different cheese - just make sure they are veggie.
Brie and Cranberry
Wendsleydale and grape
Brie and grape
Mature cheddar and caramalised red onions

1 person has thanked this post
Tar.Aldarion /flails limbs

henryporter said:
Potato salad, sweetcorn and cheese. Nyom!

nomnom!

I usually have corn, egg mayo, hard boiled eggs, cheese, sun dried tomatoes.

also linda mccartney sausages are good!

electro~bitch Registered User

Gauge said:

Edit: AND PEANUT BUTTER! How could I forget peanut butter?

Also, peanut butter and banana.

Peanut butter and apple! Peanut butter and onion! Peanut butter and raisins! Peanut butter! I also like hummus with a small bit of wholegrain mustard and whatever vegetables are around, usually tomatoes.

Santan Registered User

thanks for all the replies have gone with the simple ones so as not to mess up thanks again

--LOS-- =^.^=

I made a yummy sandwich this evening,

This stuff....

veggie tuna pate, sweetcorn, lettuce and mayo. I used to love tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches and this gave the same kind of taste imo.

Rebellious Jukebox Registered User

--LOS-- said:
I made a yummy sandwich this evening,

This stuff....

veggie tuna pate, sweetcorn, lettuce and mayo. I used to love tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches and this gave the same kind of taste imo.

Where do you buy this, I'm in Dublin? I commute out to college in Maynooth daily, and I'm looking for simple (cheap) ideas for sandwiches too

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!