LostInDharma Registered User
#1

Ok, forgive me if this is a stupid question but Im coming from an iPhone & itunes world.

How the hell do I put my music onto the samsung ????? I thought if I plug in USB Id see some music folders, no ???

Any help !

vicwatson Registered User
#2

Via Samsung KIES - download from the web, as you'll see elsewhere here on the android forum KIES is crap software

1 person has thanked this post
srsly78 Registered User
#3

About the 15th time I've posted these exact same instructions in last few weeks

Plug cable into phone, other end into PC.
Notice "usb connected" notification appears.
Drag notification bar down, click on usb connected.
Click mount, then ok to confirm.
Notice external drive appears on PC.
Copy files from local drive to external drive.
Now select unmount on phone.
Done.

Don't think you need KIES installed for this (if I'm wrong then £&*$^£&*^$(*£&$&£()&"*$£&$£ KIES).

2 people have thanked this post
BionicRasher Registered User
#4

srsly78 said:
About the 15th time I've posted these exact same instructions in last few weeks

Plug cable into phone, other end into PC.
Notice "usb connected" notification appears.
Drag notification bar down, click on usb connected.
Click mount, then ok to confirm.
Notice external drive appears on PC.
Copy files from local drive to external drive.
Now select unmount on phone.
Done.

Don't think you need KIES installed for this (if I'm wrong then £&*$^£&*^$(*£&$&£()&"*$£&$£ KIES).



Should you also list that it needs to go to a specific folder or is it ok to dump all your MP3s on the root of the drive?

srsly78 Registered User
#5

Well for the sake of neatness you shouldn't dump it into the root I usually put mine in a folder called "music". But yes the android media scanner should find it anywhere (note it might not play WMA files tho).

PogMoThoin Closed Account
#6

srsly78 said:
Well for the sake of neatness you shouldn't dump it into the root I usually put mine in a folder called "music". But yes the android media scanner should find it anywhere (note it might not play WMA files tho).


Doubt that'd matter as they're coming from itunes

squeakyduck Registered User
#7

I had this problem with my Nexus S.

When you plug it in go through my computer and copy all the music you want to put on the phone and paste it into the music folder on the phone.

BionicRasher Registered User
#8

one thing to be aware of is some folders on your phone might have a .nomedia file in them that tells certain apps that there is 'no media' in that folder so the Music app wont scan a folder with that file in it

vicwatson Registered User
#9

Don't think you need KIES installed for this (if I'm wrong then £&*$^£&*^$(*£&$&£()&)
Don't think you need KIES installed for this (if I'm wrong then £&*$^£&*^$(*£&$&£()&"*$£&$£ KIES).


Fair point

byte Registered User
#10

Should be a simple process using Kies Air (if you're using home wifi network)

calnand Registered User
#11

dunno if it helps but i just use Doubletwist airsync, works perfectly to sync my itunes with my phone. My brother got the S2 today and im totally jealous, way better than my wildfire.

1 person has thanked this post
shroomfox Registered User
#12

I've just moved to the SGS2 from an iPhone 3G and I'm finding that the sound from the headphones is really low - at max volume in the main music app with all the eq bands set to maximum, it's about 2/3 as loud or less as my old phone.


Is this everybody else's experience or do I have a faulty handset? In my view, I the maximum volume should be almost too loud for normal listening.

conor.hogan.2 Registered User
#13

I did some over kies air - some over dropbox and you could also use double twist or bump or download directly from amazon or itunes store to the device (not sure about the last two, but they should work)

correction - you can still drag and drop directly to the device also over usb.

srsly78 Registered User
#14

shroomfox said:
I've just moved to the SGS2 from an iPhone 3G and I'm finding that the sound from the headphones is really low - at max volume in the main music app with all the eq bands set to maximum, it's about 2/3 as loud or less as my old phone.


Is this everybody else's experience or do I have a faulty handset? In my view, I the maximum volume should be almost too loud for normal listening.


When I got my Nexus S first it was really quiet, but it seems it was a bug that got fixed in an update. If you don't want to wait for update you can root the phone and use custom rom (which comes with sound boosting stuff).

shroomfox Registered User
#15

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately I've got a hunch that it might be defective hardware because I can't come across anybody else on the internet complaining about this! I've delved into the service mode and all the volume settings seem to be raised to the maximum and I've heard of one other person (a friend of a friend) claim that theirs was too loud!

I really just need other SGS2 users to tell me if they're handset is as quiet as mine so I can think about changing to a HTC or Nexus or, if it's the case that mine's defective so I can get a replacement. I had heard that some Android handsets were a bit quieter than the iPhone but I can't quite believe that it's true to this extent.

I should probably create a new topic when I think about it.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!