Pyongyang Closed Account

So I gave DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou: Death Label a quick bash tonight. Here is my best score.

Pyongyang Closed Account

Last shot before bedtime. Absolutely destroyed my previous best score!

On that note I shall retire to my chambers.

Pyongyang Closed Account

Couldn't resist one last go now I have the hang of it. Trashed my previous two scores, thanks to some really flukey weavin'. I'll finish the night with this:

EDIT: Looks like I made the shmups.comhigh score table!

1 person has thanked this post
ondafly Registered User

Pyongyang said:
Nice! Is that PCB or 360? I forget if you have the kit.

both - sorry

johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02

Anyone up for a more organised score challenge again? Preferably something everyone can easily access?

Pyongyang Closed Account

Aye, I'm keen Mr. U.

ondafly Registered User

I'm getting better - this was on Ketsui PCB (but 360 is identical though)

Myrddin Administrator

Big Fat Giant?

o1s1n Registered User

johnny_ultimate said:
Anyone up for a more organised score challenge again? Preferably something everyone can easily access?

Dodonpachi?

Or how about Battle Garegga?

Both easily accessed through MAME.

Andrew76 Moderator

I'm going to put in some time with Ketsui over the break but would be up for Dodonpachi or Battle Garegga via Mame too.

(pfft never any Raiden love around these parts )

o1s1n Registered User

Why Raiden didn't come to mind I just don't know!

I'd be up for Raiden alright. Everyone should be able to get the first game going easy.

ondafly Registered User

EnterNow said:
Big Fat Giant?

naw man - Brilliant Fooking Gamer actually

johnny_ultimate said:

Yes - but something that we can all play. Dodonpachi is available for 20GBP on PAL xbox 360. It would be a good start.

Andrew76 said:
I'm going to put in some time with Ketsui over the break but would be up for Dodonpachi or Battle Garegga via Mame too.

(pfft never any Raiden love around these parts )

Been playing Raiden on my only version of it, on the PC Engine. I like the music, but its brutal difficult with a joypad.

2 people have thanked this post
Andrew76 Moderator

o1s1n said:
Why Raiden didn't come to mind I just don't know!

I'd be up for Raiden alright. Everyone should be able to get the first game going easy.

Heh ah don't mind me about Raiden, it's probably too old school (but I'd gladly try for some high scores with yourself if nobody else was interested). Do you have a pad or stick for your mame setup? Not still using keys I hope? Actually that 360 Hori stick you have should work fine on a pc I reckon.

ESP Ra. De. and Armed Police Batrider are two other excellent shmups similar to Dodonpachi. Although that hipster from Bray will probably wipe the floor with us in the scores.

Andrew76 Moderator

ondafly said:
Been playing Raiden on my only version of it, on the PC Engine. I like the music, but its brutal difficult with a joypad.

Haven't had the pleasure of playing that version (chuck up a youtube video of it sometime if you get the chance ) but Raiden is generally hard full stop (maybe not Ibara hard but more unforgiving than the other Cave style shmups).

johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02

Since DoDonPachi has been done, how about this Battle Garegga game then?

And the Jamestown guantlet could be a good one as well

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!