marlin vs Registered User

Good man meathshooter1, thank's.

Kieron854 Registered User

how do you know how much to tender in any area,im not interested this year but was just wondering how much a let with say 10 deer or so would cost

Tiercel Dave Registered User

Not into shooting deer. Am in the W1 District and the species mentioned is Fallow. Now all the deer around here are Sika so how does that work out?

be very wary of the cull figures they have a cull figure on a wood in west cork and i know for a fact all that is on it is a herd of about 70 or so goats. so some of the woods have crazy sized cull figures on them

underthetumb Registered User

custom 7mm08 said:
be very wary of the cull figures they have a cull figure on a wood in west cork and i know for a fact all that is on it is a herd of about 70 or so goats. so some of the woods have crazy sized cull figures on them

this is true, a forest down my way came up on last years tender, and there is no deer on it, or in the surrounding areas

1 person has thanked this post
syconerd Registered User

so how much do you offer per deer per lience come on guys someone must be able to tell us, how else are we going to find out or is this another closed shop no one wants to tell us about

243Xpress Registered User

Back in the good times lettings with 20deer to be shot on them were making 20k.I know of a letting last year with 10 deer to be shot out of it made 6500.I reckon they will be a bit cheaper this time around.Put in a bid and see how you get on.Nothing ventured,nothing gained.But make sure you walk the the wood and do your research before you put any bid in.

clivej Registered User

syconerd said:
so how much do you offer per deer per lience come on guys someone must be able to tell us, how else are we going to find out or is this another closed shop no one wants to tell us about

As far as I can see it's all pot luck.

You decide what the Lett is worth and put in a bid. And Coillte don't always give it to the highest bidder.

So it's up to you to find out how many deer are on the Lett and if it's even worth any bid. Could be worth a phone call to the Letts local forest manager to get some info.

They dont always give it to the highest bidder only 99.9percent of the time.

2 people have thanked this post
underthetumb Registered User

yeh as the lads say, walk it, and put in a bid for what you feel its worth,
it is pot luck. if you have permissions around the forest it is meantto help

pugw Registered User

243Xpress said:
Back in the good times lettings with 20deer to be shot on them were making 20k.I know of a letting last year with 10 deer to be shot out of it made 6500.I reckon they will be a bit cheaper this time around.Put in a bid and see how you get on.Nothing ventured,nothing gained.But make sure you walk the the wood and do your research before you put any bid in.

1k a carcass???? FFS thats serious €'s to be forking out I would nearly prefer to offer it to a farmer/land owner than to coilltte

Deerspotter Registered User

Nothing else counts except the money you bid and that you have done the HCAP.
Permissions in the area are worth nothing.
Having the let for the last 30 years is worth nothing.

If you are outbid you are a loser. End of the story.

2 people have thanked this post

pugw said:
1k a carcass???? FFS thats serious €'s to be forking out I would nearly prefer to offer it to a farmer/land owner than to coilltte

Its not 1k a carcass.Thats only a guide.They dont care if you shoot 20 or 50 as long as you pay the money.I agree with you no deer are worth that.

pugw Registered User

Sorry my bad I thought it was like a bag limit system or something!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!