cdaly_ Registered User

Did my first hill climb TT of the year up Howth (sutton side) this evening.

12m51 for an average speed of 17.8 kph. This with the bike (and me) in winter configuration...

1 person has thanked this post
snollup Registered User

Is it time for another boards hill climb?

pprendeville Registered User

Wud be good to hav one early in d yr alright to gauge progress in summer.

cdaly_ Registered User

Why? 'cos yis all reckon ye'll do better than me?...

Sure why not.

amjon. Registered User

The air is colder so even if you put out the same power at the same weight as last summer you will be slower.

cdaly_ Registered User

Pfft. Colder means denser which means you can get more oxygen into your lungs with each breath so I should be able to put out more power...

Then again, colder means denser which means more drag but I'd have to be moving at speed for that to matter...

easygoing39 Registered User

I rode the Howth TT 3 times this week

Tues 9.05
Wed 10.01
Thurs 9.35

Same bike,and more or less same weather!!

1 person has thanked this post
shamalam Registered User

where do you start timing from on the sutton side and if going from village end.

tricky D NSAbot

There's a mark on the road opposite the graveyard entrance, right beside the gate to Howth Celtic which is commonly used. From Howth village, the start is probably the turn at McGuirk's golf shop at the end of the promenade.

cdaly_ Registered User

Start point from sutton end is an extremely faint while line at the edge of the road just at the entrance to a GAA pitch opposite the school / cemetary. End point is the wall carrying the "Irish Times" sign.

dunno about the village end.

shamalam Registered User

thanks guys for the prompt replies.
must give it a lash .

07Lapierre Registered User

shamalam said:
where do you start timing from on the sutton side and if going from village end.

Here

Raam Registered User

shamalam said:

I think that is one of the most asked questions on this forum

pprendeville Registered User

8.14 yesterday first of year. CAme back up by Church. One section there is 16%. I dread to think what riding that for a few 100m is like unless on a triple ring.

Amjon - are skin suits good? Your only one iv seen wearing one.

amjon. Registered User

pprendeville said:
8.14 yesterday first of year. CAme back up by Church. One section there is 16%. I dread to think what riding that for a few 100m is like unless on a triple ring.

Amjon - are skin suits good? Your only one iv seen wearing one.

Thats a good time. Skin suits on a fastish hill climb like Howth are marginal at best. Pretty good at making you look like a complete nob tho

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!