_Whimsical_ Registered User

Can anyone tell me if this feature of certain Samsung TVs worth getting?
Has anyone used it?
Does it play movies / avi files directly off a USB key?

It kind of sounds too good to be true so Im not sure whether to shell out a little extra for it. I'm worried it'd be a bit tempermental and ultimately useless.

randox Registered User

Its great. I have the LE46C750 and it plays avi, mkv and MPEG files.
Haven't used my DVD player in a while

pipitka Registered User

Does PC share manager work with your TV?

randox Registered User

Not using it. I have a Mac and I believe its PC only.

jackymurphy Registered User

it is a very nice feature. it even load srt subtitle (and others which I haven't tested yet)
too bad it doesn't support AAC audio codec inside MKV container (I'm using UA40C6200).
you can refer to the user manual for supported codec (for example).

MegaMike Registered User

randox said:
Its great. I have the LE46C750 and it plays avi, mkv and MPEG files.
Haven't used my DVD player in a while

I have a Samsung UE46C8700 LED TV. I just recently cam across this USB Connect Share Movie device. But what is it? Is it similar to a USB memory stick where movie & music files can be stored for display on the TV? Or is it a WIFI stick that allows you to play movie files from your computer and show it on the TV screen. Actually, I am looking for the later. On my TV, it's possible to use a USB stick to play a file on the TV. I guess the TV has it's own built in movie viewer software. Thanks!

MegaMike Registered User

jackymurphy said:
it is a very nice feature. it even load srt subtitle (and others which I haven't tested yet)
too bad it doesn't support AAC audio codec inside MKV container (I'm using UA40C6200).
you can refer to the user manual for supported codec (for example).

I have a Samsung UE46C8700 LED TV. I just recently cam across this USB Connect Share Movie device. But what is it? Is it similar to a USB memory stick where movie & music files can be stored for display on the TV? Or is it a WIFI stick that allows you to play movie files from your computer and show it on the TV screen. Actually, I am looking for the later. On my TV, it's possible to use a USB stick to play a file on the TV. I guess the TV has it's own built in movie viewer software. Thanks!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!