J o e Registered User

Last August Tallon started a thread with the idea of passing a disposable camera around the country to different boardsies... received a lot of interest but don't think it got beyond the first person! So I thought I'd try revive the idea with a fresh new list as some people may have moved around since.

The idea is to pop a disposable camera in a padded envelope and send it to someone in another county. Then they in turn, take a photo of something / someone /someplace that represents their County or at least of importance to them and pass it on again.

At the end, we get the photos developed (and put on CD), posted and possibly displayed somewhere. I'll also put together an interactive map of Ireland linked to the photos.

Let me know what you think and also your ideas. I'll get it rolling later this week, the list can develop as the camera is moving around the country.

Joe

COUNTIES LIST (will be updated):

CountyBoardsieBackupStatus
Antrimdreamer_ire
Armagh dreamer_ire
Carlowrameirekwalshe
CavanYourNamekgpixels
Claredryadssaddle
CorkWinnieacre101001
Derrythe_tractorhomer_simpson
Donegalhomer_simpson
Downems_12dreamer_ire
Dublinm_s_nixonslang61
Fermanagh
Galwayfoto joe
KerrysheeshWinnieacre
KildareTallon
Kilkenny
Laois
Leitrimstorm2811
LimerickBerkut
LongfordScamp-
LouthKKVsNarah
Mayoartyevabreadbin
MeathGhostInTheRuinspullandbang
Monaghankgpixels
OffalyTallon
Roscommon
Sligodakar
TipperaryDeedsie
Tyronehomer_simpson
WaterfordYeGods
Westmeathhumberklog
WexfordMorrisseeee
Wicklowxia

Rules:
[quote="

"]

• One shot per person
  • One county per person (we should be able to find someone for each, I've added a backup column in case people have to pull out).
  • Don't wind the camera until you are about to take your picture (and leave unwound when posting it on)
  • Pass it on to anyone on the list in any county (make sure they havent recieved it already)
  • PM each other address', don't be posting them here http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/pacman.gif
  • Try and keep us informed where the camera is and where its going next.
  • Post the camera back to me, please http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif
  • And most important of all...

Have fun

(lots of para-quoting from Tallon's thread above!)

So - what county can you do?

4 people have thanked this post
dakar Registered User

I can still take Sligo

YeGods Registered User

Stick me down for waterford

humberklog Moderator

West Meath.

dreamer_ire Registered User

Happy to do Antrim, Armagh or Down depending on take up

J o e Registered User

dreamer_ire said:
Happy to do Antrim, Armagh or Down depending on take up

I'll take that as an order of preference so ... will put you down for Antrim and backup for Armagh and Down. If you want that changed let me know!

If two new people go for boardsie or backup for either of those counties I'll move them in front... hoping to get a different person for each county!

m_s_nixon Registered User

I'll take Meath or Dublin

xia Registered User

Put me down for Wicklow please

J o e Registered User

m_s_nixon said:
I'll take Meath or Dublin

As above I'll take that as an order of preference so putting you down for Meath and backup for Dublin... the Dublin backup place will be replaced if a new person needs on the list!

1 person has thanked this post
rameire Registered User

put me down for carlow again.
cheers.

dreamer_ire Registered User

foto joe said:
I'll take that as an order of preference so ... will put you down for Antrim and backup for Armagh and Down. If you want that changed let me know!

If two new people go for boardsie or backup for either of those counties I'll move them in front... hoping to get a different person for each county!

That's fine joe, can do any of the three so for example if you get people for Antrim and Armagh I'll happily do Down and vice versa.

Scamp- Registered User

I can do Longford if no-one else can.

enda1 Registered User

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but just posing a question...

Do people think it would be possible or interesting to do a 27 EU country photo?

Could pass around an SD memory card instead, like a 512mb one or something?

Would there be boardsies in every country in the EU, that could be the problem I guess...

Winnieacre Registered User

I could do Cork or Kerry

Tallon Closed Account

Cheers for this foto joe

I'll take Kildare, can do offaly if needed

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!