generalmiaow Registered User

Hey folks
Me and a good friend are going to develop an android app for an Irish audience (he's the guy who developed dublinbikes2go and dublinbus2go and the Dublin bus Layar, and a boardsie though I can't remember his username). I thought I would put it to this forum: What android apps would be welcome in Ireland?

Someone mentioned GAA scores before but there's no up to date source of these apparently. Public transport is mostly covered. I think it might be useful to highlight needed apps in a general sense in case anyone comes across this.

I haven't explored the App Store so I don't really know what iTunes has to offer to Ireland.

A general idea is the sort of thing you can get on the web but is fiddly to use on a phone - to access information or share, and especially the sort of information that's useful "on the go".

squire23 Registered User

I don't think Public Transport really is covered. Just the Dublin areas one. I'd love to see a Bus Eireann & Irish Rail app.

10 people have thanked this post
alanc2003 Registered User

Id love to have a radio app with all the irish radio stations no radio on my x10 which is slightly annoying

Mad_Mike Registered User

I second the Bus Eireann and Irish Rail requests also

old_aussie Registered User

Maybe a medical one listing hospitals and doctors

Professey Chin Moderator

squire23 said:
I don't think Public Transport really is covered. Just the Dublin areas one. I'd love to see a Bus Eireann & Irish Rail app.

Mad_Mike said:
I second the Bus Eireann and Irish Rail requests also

Best idea id say, especially since your friend already has experience with this general idea

JustinOval Registered User

AA roadwatch or traffic alerts.

3 people have thanked this post
Blackdragon Registered User

Vodafone/o2/meteor/3 app to check remaining minutes/texts/data etc

18 people have thanked this post
JustinOval Registered User

Blackdragon said:
Vodafone/o2/meteor/3 app to check remaining minutes/texts/data etc

That would be great in a 1x1 or 2x1 widget.

1 person has thanked this post
Dingatron Registered User

Suggested it in another thread but an app for the RTE Player would be great.

7 people have thanked this post
manu2009 Registered User

Would also like an app for mins/texts used every month and an rte player one would be cool too

1 person has thanked this post
mooneyd Registered User

An app that lets me use links such as megavideo so that I wan watch my favourite programes when im bored

MagicMarker Banned

An app that makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

How about an entertainment app? Like gigs and events, exhibitions etc. (I assume there isn't one.)

Brian Moderator

mooneyd said:
An app that lets me use links such as megavideo so that I wan watch my favourite programes when im bored

Skyfire

generalmiaow Registered User

Bus eireann and rail sounds like a very good idea actually. The websites are a little hard to scrape but I will start looking into it.

We are already looking into rte player but it looks like the streams are encrypted. However I am sure they are using the same player as another foreign network that somebody has used so tracking that down is the key. Having the player on the go to would be amazing, assuming it would be legal to do this.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!