bk1991 Registered User
#976

i have been told that the hse will be recruiting paramedics in autumn 2012 would this be correct ? If so what can i do to be ready for this ,I am going for my ERF course in The next few weeks and am going to do my c1 licience aswell what else is needed ?

Mycroft H Registered User
#977

bk1991 said:
i have been told that the hse will be recruiting paramedics in autumn 2012 would this be correct ? If so what can i do to be ready for this ,I am going for my ERF course in The next few weeks and am going to do my c1 licience aswell what else is needed ?


Join a voluntary for the experience. Shows interest in the area.

superserg78 Registered User
#978

bk1991 said:
i have been told that the hse will be recruiting paramedics in autumn 2012 would this be correct ? If so what can i do to be ready for this ,I am going for my ERF course in The next few weeks and am going to do my c1 licience aswell what else is needed ?


who told you this bk?

bk1991 Registered User
#979

I am in my local redcross branch have done a few dutys so far at ofa level at min but doing my erf in the IATI in the next few weeks .Just heard it by word of mouth

groundhurling Registered User
#980

bk1991 said:
I am in my local redcross branch have done a few dutys so far at ofa level at min but doing my erf in the IATI in the next few weeks .Just heard it by word of mouth


I hope it's true, but I'll believe it when I see it!

bk1991 Registered User
#981

groundhurling said:
I hope it's true, but I'll believe it when I see it!

same here when was the others ?

flazio Registered User
#982

I'm sure you meant EFR rather then ERF bk1991 but I don't think it's healthy to speculate rumours around here. A million and one things might happen between now and Autumn.

bk1991 Registered User
#983

flazio said:
I'm sure you meant EFR rather then ERF bk1991 but I don't think it's healthy to speculate rumours around here. A million and one things might happen between now and Autumn.




yes EFR or emergency first responder , well sopose your right its all romours till its on paper but have heard it from more than one and there working in hse .

The2minator Registered User
#984

anyone hear any definates about recruitment??

groundhurling Registered User
#985

The2minator said:
anyone hear any definates about recruitment??

I'd take everything you hear with a pinch of salt. That said, I think it would stand to reason that they would recruit this year. It won't be easy though. A lot of people in PTS positions will be looking to get in on it I would imagine.

Delancey Closed Account
#986

groundhurling said:
I'd take everything you hear with a pinch of salt. That said, I think it would stand to reason that they would recruit this year. It won't be easy though. A lot of people in PTS positions will be looking to get in on it I would imagine.


Also worth bearing in mind that under the Croke Park Agreement many areas of the public service are recruiting from within the public service and not recruiting externally.
DFB are a good example of this - under the CPA staff can now be re-deployed from areas that are considered to be overstaffed. Apparently DFB recruitemnt is now reserved for existing employees with no external applications invited.

groundhurling Registered User
#987

Delancey said:
Also worth bearing in mind that under the Croke Park Agreement many areas of the public service are recruiting from within the public service and not recruiting externally.
DFB are a good example of this - under the CPA staff can now be re-deployed from areas that are considered to be overstaffed. Apparently DFB recruitemnt is now reserved for existing employees with no external applications invited.


True, but I'm hoping, like last time, it won't stop them. Is ambulance service recruitment not exempt? That said, nothing's ever certain.

Delancey Closed Account
#988

groundhurling said:
True, but I'm hoping, like last time, it won't stop them. Is ambulance service recruitment not exempt? That said, nothing's ever certain.


To my knowledge it's not exempt - it means other HSE employees get priority over external candidates ( assuming they even invite external applications ).

Thepredator Closed Account
#989

The ambulance service is largely not affected by the Moratorium on recruitment but redeployment is happening within the hse.

superserg78 Registered User
#990

Has anybody an idea with whats happening with this panel?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!