Teddy Chips Banned

Do you think its possible for your stomach to become dependent on a coca cola fix? On the strict orders of my dentist I stopped drinking it about six weeks ago. This was after a period of probably twenty years of regular usage. The thing is my stomach has been all over the place in those six weeks, constipation, constant grumbling and the odd flash of diarrhea.

MaybeLogic Registered User

Teddy Chips said:
Do you think its possible for your stomach to become dependent on a coca cola fix? On the strict orders of my dentist I stopped drinking it about six weeks ago. This was after a period of probably twenty years of regular usage. The thing is my stomach has been all over the place in those six weeks, constipation, constant grumbling and the odd flash of diarrhea.

Probably sugar withdrawal symptons.

biko Arbiter

There's sugar and caffeine in it I think.
It'll take some time for the body to adjust.

4 people have thanked this post
Biggins Banned

A sudden change of drastic diet would definitely have an effect.
Your body would have gotten use to certain chemicals and built up resistances to them.
The sudden lack of one incoming chemical then would have an effect alone on your body that was still producing corresponding chemicals to counter the damaging work of the stuff.

Its like mixing an acid with a base. Each cancelling the other out.
Take one away and what are you left with - and if it can't find something it was meant to work on, it still sits in your system and it won't sit there doing nothing!

2 people have thanked this post
genericguy Closed Account

coca cola is fcuking horrible.

1 person has thanked this post
the_syco Registered User

When in college I sometimes had coca cola cravings, and found that the Tesco brand apple juice satisfied my craving. Dunno why, but you should maybe try it?

enda1 Registered User

6 weeks is a long withdrawal time though.

QI seemed to believe crisps were far worse for your teeth than coke. You given them up too OP?

Carroller16 Registered User

genericguy said:

Blasphemy

7 people have thanked this post
bada_bing Registered User

OP, i'm curious to know how much/often you drank coke?? Was it every day??

AnonoBoy Closed Account

Have you tried just switching to Pepsi or Score Cola?

genericguy Closed Account

Carroller16 said:
Blasphemy

hundred grand fine then? nah it's horrible. it really is.

mikom Closed Account

coca cola dependence?

Less a dependance, more a fizzical attraction.

20 people have thanked this post
waffleman Registered User

had the same thing with boost + sausage rolls breakfast habit a few months back. They were deep fried sausage rolls not baked! Only took about a week for the cravings to go away.

The cravings were bad though - my body wanted a big dose of fat, sugar and caffeine to get me going in the morning. I still miss that breakfast. Oats just arent the same

Teddy Chips Banned

QI seemed to believe crisps were far worse for your teeth than coke. You given them up too OP?

I'm not really a crisp fan so never really ate them regularly.

OP, i' said:
OP, i'm curious to know how much/often you drank coke?? Was it every day??

Yes. I would have had a can almost every day.

Have you tried just switching to Pepsi or Score Cola?
Have you tried just switching to Pepsi or Score Cola? (Invalid img)

I'd rather gnaw my own balls off.

1 person has thanked this post
Keano Moderator

genericguy said:

such a generic AH answer

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!