Plumpynutt Registered User
#4,861

guil said:
There's a very very small chance you can unlock it for free through jail breaking but why not just get meteor to unlock near the end of the contract.

Cool so Meteor will unlock it? That's all I wanted to know, thanks

Shzm Registered User
#4,862

guil said:
No don't think they can unlock an iPhone 5 yet. I presume you bought the phone on prepay. If so for a little extra you could of got it from apple direct and unlocked. Now you will have to spend upto €150 credit to get the network to unlock it

Here's a tip, don't assume things as you're incorrect in your assumption.

guil Registered User
#4,863

Shzm said:

Here's a tip, don't assume things as you're incorrect in your assumption.

If you bothered your hole to give the information needed for a proper answer there wouldn't be a reason to assume

CathalDublin Registered User
#4,864

Ideo said:
Well, I've officially buggered up this phone! Tried to restore to 6.3.1 using iTunes normally, iTunes shift click and through redsn0w and I keep getting error messages. If it was sent to Apple, could they do a system restore on it or something I wonder? Might give them a shout in any case

They will see its on 06.15.00, therefore warranty void

naasrd Registered User
#4,865

guil said:
If you bothered your hole to give the information needed for a proper answer there wouldn't be a reason to assume

Easy now, watch the abuse. You seem to love patronising people, perhaps you should find a more suitable forum and let the rest of us get on with it?

1 person has thanked this post
guil Registered User
#4,866

naasrd said:

Easy now, watch the abuse. You seem to love patronising people, perhaps you should find a more suitable forum and let the rest of us get on with it?

If you have a problem with me report it. I don't have to explain myself to you.

EuskalHerria Registered User
#4,867

naasrd said:

To be completely fair, shzm asked a question and then got patronising to the person who tried to help. Such an over the top reaction to someone trying to help would wind anyone up.

2 people have thanked this post
guil Registered User
#4,868

EuskalHerria said:

To be completely fair, shzm asked a question and then got patronising to the person who tried to help. Such an over the top reaction to someone trying to help would wind anyone up.

Thank you very much

vinnycoyne Moderator
#4,869

Back on topic please.

Brion Registered User
#4,870

Wondering if you guys can help me here.

Was given a iPhone 4 by a friend who was on the 3 network. I'm with vodafone. Put the SIM in and received the following message:

"Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card"

I'm taking this as the phone not being unlocked. What are my options?

BDJW Moderator
#4,871

Brion said:
Wondering if you guys can help me here.

Was given a iPhone 4 by a friend who was on the 3 network. I'm with vodafone. Put the SIM in and received the following message:

"Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card"

I'm taking this as the phone not being unlocked. What are my options?

How long did your friend have the phone? You could ask them to request the unlock code from 3

Herrick Closed Account
#4,872

Hi all been reading over this a bit. Just got my first iPhone, a 4s and am a noob to Jailbreaking, had a bit of Rooting experience on Android but thats it.

I'm half thinking of JB'ing my 4s. I'm looking to add the following tweaks:

- Swype like function for textng
- Text message delivery reports in stock messaging app
- Add a draw pattern lock screen, instead of the slide to unlock
- I also wouldn't mind being able to add something like a wifi/bluetooth shortcuts to the nav bar if possible

Would any of you be able to help? I'm on iOS 6.1.3

Brion Registered User
#4,873

BDJW said:
How long did your friend have the phone? You could ask them to request the unlock code from 3

Not sure how long he had the phone for, I must ask him. I don't think he's had it that long. If that's the case, what are my options?

Simply Red Registered User
#4,874

Herrick said:
Hi all been reading over this a bit. Just got my first iPhone, a 4s and am a noob to Jailbreaking, had a bit of Rooting experience on Android but thats it.

- I also wouldn't mind being able to add something like a wifi/bluetooth shortcuts to the nav bar if possible

Don't think you'll be able to jailbreak unfortunately, Apple fixed the exploit that allowed the jailbreak in 6.1.3
You would need to downgrade, but that can only be done on iphone 4 and ipod touch 4g with saved blobs as far as im aware

2 people have thanked this post
_Whimsical_ Registered User
#4,875

Herrick said:

Just so you know iphone jb swype app is incredibly poor. You really wouldn't want to use it. You can get a swype input app on the app store called touchpal that is very good. You can't send txts from you but you can send imessages. You also have one click copy in it so its very simple and quick to copy and paste into your sms app if you want.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!