carmella2012 said:
Just seen THIS MEANS WAR with Reese Witherspoon and Tom Hardy
Did not live up to expectations at all.
Very disappointing

Shocking

1 person has thanked this post
Turtyturd Registered User
#8,237

Super: Watchable, I know it got labelled as a Kick-Ass rip off when it came out but there aint really many similarities between the two. Super provides a more realistic and mundane take on what happens if someone becomes a superhero. For a comedy there isn't too many laughs and most of them come from the OTT violence, and Ellen Page's (who plays Ellen Page yet again.) sidekick character. The

Spoiler (Show)

OldeCinemaSoz Registered User
#8,238

BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA

Kris Kristofferson gets all introspective
talkin' to a bagged head on the seat of his car.

Another masterpeice from the legendary Sam Peckinpah.

1 person has thanked this post
SarahBM Registered User
#8,239

Kes
really good. for a low budget indi film made in Yorkshire, I was impressed.

2 people have thanked this post
SarahBM Registered User
#8,240

Kes
really good. for a low budget indi film made in Yorkshire, I was impressed.

Mr Simpson Closed Account
#8,241

Saw 21 Jump Street today, it was surpisingly good, well worth a watch if you like that sort of film.

candy-gal1 Registered User
#8,242

The Mask - havent seen it in a very long time tbh, and i have to say i seriously forgot how hilarious it is especially when a little bit tipsy , brings back memories of seeing it in the cinema when i was like 9 or 10 i think , plus Cameron Diaz is the eptimome of 90s hotness in it just wow!

krudler Registered User
#8,243

candy-gal1 said:
The Mask - havent seen it in a very long time tbh, and i have to say i seriously forgot how hilarious it is especially when a little bit tipsy , brings back memories of seeing it in the cinema when i was like 9 or 10 i think , plus Cameron Diaz is the eptimome of 90s hotness in it just wow!

greatest. entrance. ever.

purely for critique of statement I just made, I present exhibit A :

she was only 19 in this, I feel very old.

4 people have thanked this post
Mickeroo Moderator
#8,244

Super: Watchable, I know it got labelled as a Kick-Ass rip off when it came out but there aint really many similarities between the two. Super provides a more realistic and mundane take on what happens if someone becomes a superhero. For a comedy there isn't too many laughs and most of them come from the OTT violence, and Ellen Page's (who plays Ellen Page yet again.) sidekick character. The
Spoiler (Show)

I thought the
Spoiler (Show)
was one of the biggest laugh out loud moments in the film. Think its unfair to dismiss Paige's role as just playing Ellen Paige, she played a complete homicidal maniac, was a very different role for her imho. Seriously messed up movie, and all the more awesome for it

mikemac1 Closed Account
#8,245

The next three days

Didn't like it

#8,246

Just after watching world's greatest dad, thought it was very good.

mikemac1 Closed Account
#8,247

Nova Zembla

Dutch historical film, follows the true story of a Dutch ship which tried to sail along the top of Russia to Japan

Interesting story and well shot

Very good

Tony EH Registered User
#8,248

OldeCinemaSoz said:
BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA

Kris Kristofferson gets all introspective
talkin' to a bagged head on the seat of his car.

Another masterpeice from the legendary Sam Peckinpah.

Warren Oates.

3 people have thanked this post
bnt Registered User
#8,249

I watched all three Matrix movies: the first a couple of weeks ago, then the final two over consecutive evenings this week. It made more sense that way, since Reloaded and Revolutions were filmed in one go and are basically a single two-part film - which tripped me up when I first saw them ten years ago, when I lost the thread entirely. The last film jumps in straight from the end of the 2nd, with no exposition or flashbacks to refresh your memory.

Now I can say I've done it, and can say I've seen all three and got a decent handle on the plot. I did want to rip out my scorched retinas when the final credits rolled, after over 4 hours of being bombarded with some of the most insane imagery ever put on the screen. That final fight between Smith and Neo had me going "ow!" at every gargantuan blow, and I had to go on Wikipedia for explanations of what happened at the end.

Spoiler (Show)

But I did appreciate the imagination and skill that went in to it, the "easter eggs", and historical allusions such as the Merovingian and his wife Persephone. If you saw the Revisited documentary, you'll know that Keanu was a bit stiff for a good reason: he'd had major surgery on his neck before the first film, and couldn't risk doing more damage, so that became his fighting style.

krudler Registered User
#8,250

I hated how in Matrix Revolutions the three main characters are missing for over an hour of the movie, we're instead left with uninteresting crusties battling robots in a place we dont care about. does anyone else thing given the choice they'd take staying in the matrix? I would, supercool place where you can defy phsyics or hanging around in a cave with a bunch of hippies? no argument.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!