donmeister Closed Account

Okay,just wondering what everyone in the C&H Forum's favorite song is.
Note this is no 'soundtrack to your angst' thread,any song you like,and if you like say why you like it,etc....

Also you only have one pick,i.e. no 'ohhh i love two',choose one.
Any Youtube links etc. Much appreciated

Mine is Voyager By Daft Punk,just love the beat+video.

1 person has thanked this post
An File Laoch na hImeartha

I'll never be able to pick a single outstanding favourite song. Having such great taste precludes me from blinkering my musical senses

My music taste changes often so I can't pick one either. My favourite artists are ever changing.

Kersmash Registered User

Gotta agree. I could never pick one song. It changes constantly.

JC 2K3 Registered User

Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth is my favourite album ever. That's not going to change easily, but no one song off that album would be my favourite ever. I don't think I could pick a favourite song ever though. If pushed for an answer it'd be 2112 by Rush I guess, but that's just because that's the last time I consciously decided a song was my favourite ever and it was over 2 years ago. I've gotten into much more music since then.

Kersmash Registered User

I can only stand about 2 minutes of Rush before my head caves in due to your mans voice(Geddy Lee?). They're instrumentals are alright though.

If I was pushed I'd say the EP See You In Another City by Blakfish is nigh on perfect. I can't find a flaw with any track. I love it.

JC 2K3 Registered User

Not a fan of high pitched male vocals? Personally it's one of my favourite vocal styles. I love Geddy Lee, Axl Rose, Shannon Hoon etc.

Rush's instrumentals are awesome. YYZ would be a close contender with 2112. It's probably the most perfect rock instrumental ever.

Crumble Froo Registered User

easy.

Incubus - Sick Sad Little World.

if i could listen to only one song for the rest of my life... this would be it.

challengemaster Registered User

Feeder - Just a day

Picked up a love for it while playing GT3 when I was younger...ahh..brings back memories

FreeFallin Registered User

FreeFallin - Tom Petty

One of the best

Kersmash Registered User

JC 2K3 said:
Not a fan of high pitched male vocals? Personally it's one of my favourite vocal styles. I love Geddy Lee, Axl Rose, Shannon Hoon etc.

Rush's instrumentals are awesome. YYZ would be a close contender with 2112. It's probably the most perfect rock instrumental ever.

I don't mind high pitched male voices, it's just something about his voice that annoys me and I can't listen! Can't put my finger on it though.

Bobalicious93 Registered User

Kersmash said:
I don't mind high pitched male voices, it's just something about his voice that annoys me and I can't listen! Can't put my finger on it though.

GTFO. Geddy Lee is possibly the greatest frontman of all time, after Josh Homme.

My favourite song would probably be The Spirit Of The Radio by Rush:

(Invalid youtube)

Simply amazing

Fad Moderator

Drowning Lessons - My Chemical Romance, my personal favourite song ever off my favourite album

DanDan6592 Registered User

Spiders or Escape the Nest by Editors

seamus-2k7 Registered User

Maybe not my favorite but I'd like to share. (bret you got it going on, flight of the conchords)

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!