BluE-WinG Registered User

I'm wondering is there a Pancake/Waffle House in Dublin? Besides Haagen daz which do the overboard sugary waffles?

I just cant believe if out of the whole of Dublin there isnt a Pancake house...

Anyone got any tips on where to get a good pancake/waffle any time of the day if there arent any actually places that concentrate on it?

Lucutus Registered User

Just got back from Lemon Jelly in Temple Bar where we went for lunch, they do crepes, savory and sweet. No waffles tho.

The stand in the temple bar market do belgian waffles on a saturday, nyom.

Lafortezza omg vegas

I don't know if it is still there, but there's an american style coffee shop in the powerscourt centre off Grafton St.
I know they do pancakes with all that maple syrup malarkey, not sure about waffles.
Its all the way up to the top (3rd floor?), looking over the main central open area. Its been a couple of years since I was there last though

Thnx for the help - Next time Im in temple bar I'll give them a try, Same with graften street

Pity there are no waffle houses Why oh Why?????

The Brigadier Closed Account

Lemon on Sth William Street

Magic Monkey Registered User

Isn't that Sth Andrew Street that Lemon is on, opposite "Munchies"? Don't think it's Sth William Street... :dunno:

BluE-WinG, try a Boulangerie?

No it is Sth William St.

Sth Andrew St goes from the end of suffolk st to "The Long Stand"

Apologies, you're right. Could have sworn the street signs there said Sth Andrew Street though...

As an aside, Aya Deli near Lemon do some nice Chicken Teriyaki/Katsu, and Sushi dishes.

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
Isn't that Sth Andrew Street that Lemon is on, opposite "Munchies"? Don't think it's Sth William Street... :dunno:

BluE-WinG, try a Boulangerie?

Woot is a Boulangerie?

oneweb Registered User

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
Woot is a Boulangerie?
A French bread shop. Not likely to get waffles there, more likely from a stand. Waffles are a Belgian thing. Go to Brussells at one of the corners of the main square (not too far from the Manequin Pis, they do yummy ones with ice-cream or icing sugar <-licking lips.

My granny does excellent waffles

Got some lovely waffles at a French market before, presumably they might have some in a Boulangerie.

G'luck finding a place BluE-WinG, gonna get CombatCow to bring a huge plate of waffles to the Halo final now, provide a little distraction now that we know your weakness

Temple Bar food market has a Belgian Waffle stand on a saturday...

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
Got some lovely waffles at a French market before, presumably they might have some in a Boulangerie.

G'luck finding a place BluE-WinG, gonna get CombatCow to bring a huge plate of waffles to the Halo final now, provide a little distraction now that we know your weakness

Nooooooooo

Ah I dont have a hope in the halo final imo. Melachi or Myg will take it
Even worse is on that day I have to drive down from Cavan to the final - and then back to Cavan afterwards - Sigh the things I do for gaming.

James_melody Yeah I know about that one - Wish I could find ones that do american style waffles and not belgian style - They have farr too much sugar on them - I just want a waffle which isnt too sweet, loaded with maple syrup

Does anyone know where to buy a Waffle maker in Dublin?

And can you buy Waffle mix for them in Dublin?

Lucutus Registered User

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
Does anyone know where to buy a Waffle maker in Dublin?

And can you buy Waffle mix for them in Dublin?

lol, you're really gonna go for it? heehee, You should open a stand on the corner of Dame Street and Castle Street! Try arnotts, brown thomas, etc in town.

Oh and

Originally posted by James Melody
Temple Bar food market has a Belgian Waffle stand on a saturday...

Great, thanks for that gem of info there. Oh, oh wait, look! Up there? Up near the top of the thread. Is it a bird? a plane? No! It's the exact same information! WITH ADDED OM NYOM! *gasp*

</sarc> soz, it's just a pet hate.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!